Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    Triple Frontier on Netflix was pretty entertaining. Nothing new but the cast had good chemistry and the heist was pretty dope.

Love,Death & Robots is FUCKING AWESOME. that third episode had some of the best fucking animation I've ever seen.

Yeah I gotta watch both of these. Sarah goes on vacation in two weeks and I plan on watching a ton of shit she doesn't care about.

Comment

• TRIPLE FRONTIER- A-list actors + C-list actors = B-movie

Comment

• yep! Entertaining but nothing genre breaking.

Oscar did a great job and even Hunnam was passable. For once I didn't see Jax in his character.

Although I totally thought Garrett Dillahunt was in it and not Garrett Hedlund. I was a tad bummed.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Bumblebee was a bunch of fun. Gimme a sequel.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 3.

Excellent. Big improvement over 2 and almost as good as the first one. Recommended.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              Bumblebee was a bunch of fun. Gimme a sequel.
              Kid friendly?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I'd say so. Much more so than the Bay flicks.

Comment

• Dragged Across Concrete.

It's grim, but unlike Zahler's previous attempts to use violence as catharsis, this one felt much more deliberate in its showcases of liveleak-styled horror.

The story involves a lot of morally grey people doing reprehensible things for a chance to change their bleak but uncertain futures. As generic as that description may seem, this is a solid crime drama with characters dictating the story's outcome. That's worth the price of admission alone.

Tory Kittles, who some may recognize as the junior detective from the first season of True Detective, is probably the best performance of the bunch here as Henry/Slim. He is followed closely by an extremely mercurial cop in Mad Mel.

There are a grand total of three extreme explosions of shocking grue in the running time that all achieve their appropriate ends to the story being told. Violence comes for the deserving parties as well as those unfortunate enough to be found in its path and here is where this film departs from that last film (Cell Block 99). There's a sense of controlled restraint here that is found as a result of the film's pacing and the deliberate choice to unveil characters through action and split-second decision making that wasn't firmly established in previous attempts.

Some moments of character building are cliche (Vaughn's Tony is an example that is hard to ignore here), but those genre markers fall away quickly as the body count begins its inevitable climb. Once the pieces are set and things are in play, the scenes come alive and you're wrapped up in how things are going to unfold.

Watch it, don't watch it, but I thought it did about as well as the genre could hope for in current year.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Dirt. Dug this way more than Bohemian Rhapsody. Solid B- Plus so many more breasts and Bohemian didn't have a scene of a girl squirting so that's another plus hhahah.

Comment

• THE MEG. I was entertained.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Such a wasted opportunity imo

Comment

• Agree with both of you - I was entertained, but it could've been so much more. Should've been Piranha 3D x10, but it failed to hit its potential.

Comment

• Tried several times over the years to get into it and the book itself to zero success. But gonna give Lynch's Dune another shot because God loves a trier and/or I really hate myself.
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• The book, indeed the whole saga, is very dense. Lynch's Dune is very much a Cliffs Notes version of the first book, but it's worth a viewing.

Comment

• I don't think I've ever made it through Dune (the book or movie). That being said, I was in my early teens the last time I tried. I feel like adult Rob would be much more open to the weird ass shit in Dune now. May need to give it a chance again.

Is there a specific version I should seek out?

Comment

Working...
                                X