Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Hillsong is like party Jesus for people who want to sing? Like Scientology with tunes?
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
      Barring the original, what exactly holds up? The story? The effects?

I'd argue that neither of those aspects have aged well, and in fact, when held up to scrutiny, they lessen in value in both their storytelling as well as spectacle.

They exist in defiance of the central thesis of the first film.

Having said that, I would be there day one should they completely spaz out and make the shitting dinosaur into a reality.
      I'm a dinosaur kid. I can look past most bullshit because of DINOSAURS! I know the second film mostly sucks except for a few scenes (raptor hunt, RV cliff, T-Rex in San Francisco, Jeff Goldblum) and the third film (while better than the sequel still has massive issues) works because I fucking love Sam Neill's character and we get a PTERODON attack scene (my favorite dinosaur as a kid) so it worked for me while knowing that both movies are not to the level of the original.

JW worked on pretty much all levels for me. Dug Pratt, Claire, the nods to the original, and all that military shit with the Raptors. I'll be there opening weekend for all JP movies as I have been with the ones that already came out.

I'm a dinosaur kid. I looooove dinosaurs.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        I'm a dinosaur kid. I can look past most bullshit because of DINOSAURS! I know the second film mostly sucks except for a few scenes (raptor hunt, RV cliff, T-Rex in San Francisco, Jeff Goldblum) and the third film (while better than the sequel still has massive issues) works because I fucking love Sam Neill's character and we get a PTERODON attack scene (my favorite dinosaur as a kid) so it worked for me while knowing that both movies are not to the level of the original.

JW worked on pretty much all levels for me. Dug Pratt, Claire, the nods to the original, and all that military shit with the Raptors. I'll be there opening weekend for all JP movies as I have been with the ones that already came out.

I'm a dinosaur kid. I looooove dinosaurs.

Comment

• But honestly, I'd kill for a complete reboot of the series with one movie (or two) that really do the book justice.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
            So Hillsong is like party Jesus for people who want to sing? Like Scientology with tunes?
            Kinda.

They're also starting to dip into early Scientology shenanigans. Supposedly, that's what caused Faris and Pratt to split.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              He can believe whatever he wants. But, Google Hillsong and how super into it he's getting.

But, one man's church is another man's profit center.
              I mentioned being kind of out on him right around Jurassic World when he started posting pictures of him and his buddies erecting 15 foot metal crosses in the country and got shit for it. Dude's been looney tunes for jesus for a minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                I mentioned being kind of out on him right around Jurassic World when he started posting pictures of him and his buddies erecting 15 foot metal crosses in the country and got shit for it. Dude's been looney tunes for jesus for a minute.
                He's been religious, but he's one of the big gets that Hillsong sunk its hooks into now.

That place is getting wacky and not getting the kind of FBI attention it deserves because of bigger things.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Three Billboards.

Loved it. Had no idea where this was going most of the time due to character twists every 25 mins or so. Fran and Sam killed it. Loved the ending a whole bunch. "Well then, I guess we can decide on the way." perfect.

Comment

• Is that on bluray already? I gotta snag it.

Comment

• I believe so. We rented it on demand which usually mean it's out on br

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Three Billboards.

Loved it. Had no idea where this was going most of the time due to character twists every 25 mins or so. Fran and Sam killed it. Loved the ending a whole bunch. "Well then, I guess we can decide on the way." perfect.
                        Yep, all of that. Wife loved it too which is rare for us to be 100% agreed on a film.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Yeah, it's out on Blu.

I rewatched it this week.

I honestly can't tell if Three Billboards or Shape of Water is going to take Best Pic. This is the first 50/50 toss-up in quite some time.

I do believe we're going to see Del Toro win his Oscar.

Comment

• While I'd love that, I'd also have no problems with Three getting the Oscar. It was so goddamn good.

Gonna check out Shape here this weekend finally, so we'll see if this turns me around on GDT making something that works on all levels.

Comment

• I WANT FISH DICKS TO WIN

Comment

• Fish dicks is so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X