Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally watched Three Billboards.

Really loved it, not shocked considering I just like McDonagh a lot. He's so good at writing actual characters with shit to learn about them. Frances McDormand starts the movie so sympathetic, hardened from her daughter's rape and murder, sure, but sympathetic. Then she becomes just really fucking unlikable. She had bad shit happen to her, a lot of it, but she's a fucking nasty person. By the end of the film I thought the only person that was actually decent, like a real true good person, was Peter Dinklage. And I think a lot of those think pieces about Rockwell's character were overblown. I don't think he was redeemed. I think if anything the problem is with Woody's letter to him saying he knows Rockwell is a decent man. Naw man, he's fucking terrible. That letter should have said "you COULD be a good man" if you stopped being an unrepentant racist piece of shit.

Comment

• Dinklage was the man. Rockwell wasn't redeemed in so much that mayyyybe he would be on the right path to possibly be at some point by the end. Totally right about Frances.
      Should have won over the bullshit that was Shape of Water.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Robert Altman's Popeye.

Pretty... bad.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          Robert Altman's Popeye.

Pretty... bad.
          It's unwatchable. I saw it theatrically back when it was out and hated it then.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I fucking love it. I still want a sugar tea cup to chew.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              It's unwatchable. I saw it theatrically back when it was out and hated it then.
              Can't imagine the reaction was that kind back in '80. Released the same month as the equally "...the fuck?!" mega-budget studio epic Flash Gordon. But that still rocks.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• it took me a while to 'get' FLASH GORDON for the masterpiece that it is.
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• So much drugs
                  Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                  Robert Altman's Popeye.

Pretty... bad.
                  Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Let me put this out there, you don't at least "like" Flash Gordon, I don't fuck with you.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      I fucking love it. I still want a sugar tea cup to chew.

My kid when she was 2 was obsessed with the movie. She had to watch it everyday before she took a nap.

I admire the Disney of that era, because they underwrote most of it and let Paramount do the heavy lifting.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• There's a great podcast to be made about the post-Walt, pre-Eisner/Katzenberg era of Disney. Some amazingly ballsy and fucked up films made because they had no idea what would click with audiences and were so desperate.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• MOM AND DAD- I'd heard this was a crazy and entertaining movie about a day where suddenly parents have homicidal rage for their kids. The premise is kind of crazy, sure, but it is not entertaining. Nicholas Cage has a few good moments but literally that's it. Everything else is garbage. Directed by Brian Taylor so I guess now we know Neveldine is the talented half of Neveldine and Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                            desperate.
                            The only cologne that FUCKS.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Spiderman Homecoming. I liked it quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                MOM AND DAD- I'd heard this was a crazy and entertaining movie about a day where suddenly parents have homicidal rage for their kids. The premise is kind of crazy, sure, but it is not entertaining. Nicholas Cage has a few good moments but literally that's it. Everything else is garbage. Directed by Brian Taylor so I guess now we know Neveldine is the talented half of Neveldine and Taylor.
                                Aww man, I enjoyed this a bunch. But I don't have kids so maybe that's why?
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X