Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    GOTG 2 wasn't boring, but it felt like a director fighting against where the story naturally needed to go.

The music choices in V1 were natural, while these felt forced.
    A lot of choices felt forced in that movie.

The shoehorning in of jokes-per-minute style banter against a bunch of CG effects just killed it for me after a while. Much of it lost its sense of urgency due to the wonky pacing once they got to Planet Kurt, and so many odd choices made by the characters when they were split up made it feel as though there was nobody to truly root for. Everybody was out for themselves and it was a goddamned chore to stay invested the way it was all told.

I totally understand why people still enjoy the formula of the ragtag going up against the strange and unusual, but for me, they really stretched the concept thin with volume 2.
    Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-27-2018, 01:18 PM.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• And the shine is off Chris Pratt. I think the natural charisma died with Jurassic World.

Comment

• Hoo boy that movie...
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• aww man, I like Jurrasic World
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• JP is one of those franchises that just lost a lot of its appeal beyond its initial outing.

Kinda like Tremors.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeah, Jurassic Park is incredible. Everything else has been a further plummet into garbage.

Comment

• *rolls up sleeves*

okay now we're into fighting words
                XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                  JP is one of those franchises that just lost a lot of its appeal beyond its initial outing.

Kinda like Tremors.
                  Nah. Unless they genetically engineer an assblasting raptor, JP as a series still holds up.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
                    *rolls up sleeves*

okay now we're into fighting words
                    I'm with you. All JP movies have redeeming qualities.

Comment

• Barring the original, what exactly holds up? The story? The effects?

I'd argue that neither of those aspects have aged well, and in fact, when held up to scrutiny, they lessen in value in both their storytelling as well as spectacle.

They exist in defiance of the central thesis of the first film.

Having said that, I would be there day one should they completely spaz out and make the shitting dinosaur into a reality.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Jurassic World is where I started to lose out on Pratt.

But, Pratt is Star Lord. Dude's got the role down. It's not like Howerton would've made it work.

While I think it's shit how Pratt is getting attacked this week, the dude is approaching the Jebus in a slightly cultish way.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Well he still believes in something so I guess he is worse than Hitler.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                            Well he still believes in something so I guess he is worse than Hitler.
                            He can believe whatever he wants. But, Google Hillsong and how super into it he's getting.

But, one man's church is another man's profit center.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              aww man, I like Jurrasic World
                              Jurassic World isn't even half as good as GotG2. Suck it HUGHES!!
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                He can believe whatever he wants. But, Google Hillsong and how super into it he's getting.

But, one man's church is another man's profit center.
                                Yikes.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X