Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're testing out our new home theater by watching all of the Harry Potter movies in order, one per evening. We've only seen the 1st, 3rd, and 4th films of the series (theatrically only), so we're way behind. We weren't keen on the first one and only saw the 3rd one because of the great reviews. It WAS great, so we gave the 4th one a go and thought it was OK. We kinda shrugged them off from that point on.

Last year, we went to Orlando and saw all of the HP stuff at Universal Studios and, to be frank, LOVED all of it. As such, we're giving it all another go.

We did SORCERER'S STONE on Sunday night and CHAMBER OF SECRETS last night. This was my first time seeing the 1st one since 2001, and it was flat out my first time watching the 2nd one. STONE was better than I remembered it being...we were meh on it back in the day but it seemed to play better now. We were definitely more entertained by it this time. Shoddy special effects aside, it's pretty solid. CHAMBER was like a more polished version of the first film. it flowed better and had much a much more polished look to it, especially with the special effects.

We're really looking forward to AZKABAN tonight. We remember really liking this one.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      We're testing out our new home theater by watching all of the Harry Potter movies in order, one per evening. We've only seen the 1st, 3rd, and 4th films of the series (theatrically only), so we're way behind. We weren't keen on the first one and only saw the 3rd one because of the great reviews. It WAS great, so we gave the 4th one a go and thought it was OK. We kinda shrugged them off from that point on.

Last year, we went to Orlando and saw all of the HP stuff at Universal Studios and, to be frank, LOVED all of it. As such, we're giving it all another go.

We did SORCERER'S STONE on Sunday night and CHAMBER OF SECRETS last night. This was my first time seeing the 1st one since 2001, and it was flat out my first time watching the 2nd one. STONE was better than I remembered it being...we were meh on it back in the day but it seemed to play better now. We were definitely more entertained by it this time. Shoddy special effects aside, it's pretty solid. CHAMBER was like a more polished version of the first film. it flowed better and had much a much more polished look to it, especially with the special effects.

We're really looking forward to AZKABAN tonight. We remember really liking this one.
      I only liked the first one. Never made it through the rest.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• IT. It was okay I guess.
          Spoiler: spoilers 
        I never felt like the kids were actually best friends as almost all of their scenes together were just to find Georgie or whatever. That was kind of a bummer. Pennywise was okay but it relied way too much on jump scares and I felt they played it too safe with him.
        I dug the look of him and his voice, but most of his scenes were OMG GIANT TEETH. I liked the nods to the space turtle and I hope to fuck they actually try to film that scene. It will out Jedi The Last Jedi if they do. Bowers needed a bit more to do and the fact they didn't really go all out on his being possessed by Pennywise which is why he went crazy was a bummer.

Overall it was okay and I'm glad they didn't try to cram EVERYTHING in but Mike was shortchanged as was Stan. It also ended like a wet fart.

That being said, the deleted scenes were decent. I fucking LOVED the alt opening. I know it was a gag scene, but holy shit that would have killed in the theater had they done it. Also, the deleted scene with Bowers and his gang outside the Niebolt house at the end should have been in the movie...
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN

Yep, there was a reason why I remembered liking this one. It has an energy and momentum to it that was lacking in the first two movies. Also, the three leads (especially Daniel Radcliffe) make a pretty big leap forward in terms of acting ability. Fun to see Oldman and Thewlis having a shitload of fun as well. Great movie.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Played it safe with Pennywise?! No way, man. I'm still scared by that dude. And would never want to be in the same room as Bill Skarsgaard.

Comment

• I mean, sure, he was scarier than Tim Curry but I thought they would do more with his shapeshifting abilities besides making him a rip off of MAMA and a dude with giant teeth. The scene with Penny and Eddie was probably the best.

Comment

• Beyond Skyline is one of my top 5 movies of 2017. Holy shit. This movie is what I needed tonight. Frank Grillo is the man. It's like a zombie movie that goes into space that goes into The Raid that goes into Pacific Rim that goes into WHAT I WANT A WHOLE TV SHOW BASED AROUND.

Comment

• Did HP and the GOBLET OF FIRE last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I think that watching all of them in a row helped us understand what was going on better this time. I remember that we were frustrated when we originally saw it because it relied pretty heavily on knowing/remembering the characters from the prior movies to a certain degree. Very solid entry.

Comment

• The next flick I remember is so goddamn boring.

Comment

• None of those movies were very good.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• the first one was fun I thought. Everything else was a slog.

Comment

• I'll never watch any of them again. Old.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• But we are all ignoring the fact that Beyond Skyline needs to be seen by all of you as soon as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              But we are all ignoring the fact that Beyond Skyline needs to be seen by all of you as soon as possible.
                              Can't. Gotta watch the Lego movie 78 more times.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• heard good things on BEYOND SKYLINE.

Comment

Working...
                                X