Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Strange. Halfway through the movie and I still can't get used Cumberbatch speaking with an American accent. I do love Ejiofor.
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Kong is on my "To Watch" list. Admittedly monster movies aren't my cup of coffee... then again my easy-lay of medieval knight movies disappointed with Bro Arthur.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Train to Busan.

I acknowledge I'm an easy lay for zombie films. Thus my judgement could be rightfully taken with a grain of salt. While at the same time... I've been zombied out fuck-you-very-much The Walking Dead! But hot damn is this good.

Would go as far to call this the best flesh-eater flick since Shaun of the Dead. And I swear to God I had the exact same idea for a zombie film while living in Dubai (which itself came from a dream I had).
        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Dude, it's great. not sure why the need for a disclaimer. Love that movie.

Watched Power Rangers tonight. dug it actually, the last 30 mins is exactly what the whole movie needed to be which would be great if we actually would get a sequel. Better than Pacific Rim. Banks was fun as Rita and I liked Hader as Alpha 5.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
            The whole time Jen and I watched the film in the theater, I kept thinking "Rob is gonna love the fuck outta this film."
            Seriously love this movie. It's what Pacific Rim should have been.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• We celebrated fuAmerica with a few movies yesterday.

ID4 = no duh.
              Jaws = fuck yeah.
              13 Hours = Weirdest Office spinoff yet.

Comment

• We watched Beetlejuice last night. That movie fucking moves. It was kind of shocking how breakneck the pace is. Keaton is still a god with his like....15 minutes of screen time.

Comment

• The Beguiled.

I acknowledge I never saw the original Eastwood/Siegel 70's film. Only thing I ever caught was the Trailers From Hell commentary. All I know is its apparently super trashy and weird, AKA: something up our alley. But... fuck was this boring. Giving exploitation an art-house spin can work as long as you bring something to the table, which this just didn't. It's a note for note remake, judging by the Wikipedia listing. If anyone else made this, half of the reviews wouldn't be so kind. Guess its great to have that last name of Coppola, huh?

Baby Driver.

It's hard to take Film Media seriously... especially with Wright. Yes, a great filmmaker (and from everything I've heard, a sweet human being) but he's coddled by these twerps every time out. Scott Pilgrim and The World's End didn't work and he was an idiot for walking off Ant Man like he did. But you'll never hear that from Film Media who kiss his ass and protect him at every corner.

I say all this. Because its great to proclaim how much this rocks, beginning to end. Why the theatrical experience remains king and brings back the pulsating drive and energy that Wright had with Shaun of the Dead and especially Hot Fuzz. Welcome back, Edgar.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• The Worlds End is fucking great. Depending on my mood it's above Shaun for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      The Worlds End is fucking great. Depending on my mood it's above Shaun for me.
                      Wow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• That movie just fucking works for me. I love it to death and it wasn't that way until I watched it for a second time.

Comment

• I usually rank it at number 2, behind HOT FUZZ. I really like the interplay between the group.

Comment

• The World's End legit works when its strictly the human drama for the first 40 minutes... and it shits the bed the moment the genre stuff kicks in. And the last 5 minutes really turned me off.

It turns into three completely different films.
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• THE NICE GUYS- wow, this was great. Gosling and Crowe gave very good performances but I thought the stand-out was the girl who played Gosling's daughter. Let her be in more Shane Black (and Tarantino?) movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                                The World's End legit works when its strictly the human drama for the first 40 minutes... and it shits the bed the moment the genre stuff kicks in. And the last 5 minutes really turned me off.

It turns into three completely different films.
                                I honestly don't remember much about this movie, other than saying "what the fuck?" several times toward the end. Definitely my least favorite of the 'Cornetto' trio.
                                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Working...
                                X