Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to watch that again. I think we put it on our Halloween list.

Comment

• THE MUMMY 2017

Not awful but not very good. The film continuously steps on its own dick for the entire length of the film...just when it starts to work, a bad decision is made (usually in terms of bad dialog or a bad character action).

A fan edit to remove all of the 'humor' from the film (it's all bad and, for the most part, extraneous) and tighten up some of the scenes in the second half would actually make the film decent. As it stands now, it feels like Bruno Kirby's character from GOOD MORNING, VIETNAM was asked to punch up the humor in the script...yeeeesh. The one thing that can't be fixed in a fan edit is that Tom Cruise is essentially playing Han Solo ala ROTJ instead of ala TESB. He's not roguish-cool, he's roguish-incompetent.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Wonder Woman - FINALLY a DC Extended Universe film that flat out works on most, if not all, levels. Nice character development and beats, with everyone contributing something to the story, a couple of storyline feints here and there that pay off, and some great action/fight scenes for all and sundry. Plus you get a decent glimpse into the actual horrors of war, especially the human costs involved, and how that affects Wonder Woman, which makes for a great arc for her (it's one thing to train with hot Amazons in paradise, quite another when you're in the trenches and when you have to fight poison gas).

Another thing I dig was this film probably hued the closest to the comics - it felt like a Marvel film in that respect. There wasn't much deviation from the source material, the costume designs were spot on, the character motivations made sense, and even the action sequences could've been ripped from the comics as storyboards.

Gal Gadot killed in this. Her fish out of water moments were only great, her physical training for the role paid off in spades onscreen, and I'm now officially a fan. The film was deftly directed by Patty Jenkins, so much so that I want to see more work from her. WB/DC best lock her ass down for future installments in the DCEU, and not just a WW sequel.

As Troy mentioned elsewhere, the third act needs some polish, but all in all, this is the #1 ranking DCEU film out of the four we've gotten so far. I had an opportunity to rewatch the previous films recently, so, strictly my opinion, but if I had to rank 'em:

1) Wonder Woman
        2) Man of Steel - IMHO, this film works more than it fails. Still dig it.
        3) Suicide Squad - has its' moments, but could have been a LOT better story and design wise. Not a fan of Leto's Joker, sorry.
        4) Dawn of Justice - worst of the worst. The premise of the story is for shit, Eisenberg's Luthor is annoying, punchable, and as menacing as a wet fart. If I never see that take on the character again I'll die happy.

Also, the DCEU films have GOT to stop with the washed out blue filter tone on all their films. For characters that are supposed to be bright, vibrant and full of action on the screen, the tone makes everything feel somewhat depressing. Not what I want in a superhero genre film. Fuck grimdark, too.

ETA: My bad - posted this in the wrong thread. Rob, if you want to move this, cool.
        Last edited by Timothy225; 06-11-2017, 04:16 AM.

Comment

• Christine (not the car movie, but the one about the news anchor from the 70s). Really fucking good actually. The woman who played Christine was fucking amazing (she's from Iron Man 3). Dexter Morgan was passable and the woman who played Christine's friend Jean (from Orange is the new Black) was really fucking good.

Such a goddamn depressing movie.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Christine (not the car movie, but the one about the news anchor from the 70s). Really fucking good actually. The woman who played Christine was fucking amazing (she's from Iron Man 3). Dexter Morgan was passable and the woman who played Christine's friend Jean (from Orange is the new Black) was really fucking good.

Such a goddamn depressing movie.
            I spent most of last October working hard with the distributor, their PR people and as many local indie outlets as I could reach to try and get that movie into more theaters.

Still, its Netflix numbers are supposed to be through the roof.

Great movie that is the first to accurately show Christine Chubbuck for who she was and what happened.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Is that the one about the news anchor who killed herself on the air, live?
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• indeed
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Logan. One and done. Quite dissapointed.
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                    Logan. One and done. Quite dissapointed.
                    How come?

Comment

• Yeah, how come? I'm genuinely curious as I thought it was one of the very best of the genre and very re-watchable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                        Logan. One and done. Quite dissapointed.
                        Are you going to be called Old Man Nate now? I was luke warm on it with my first watch, but on my second I fucking LOVED it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

Are you going to be called Old Man Nate now? I was luke warm on it with my first watch, but on my second I fucking LOVED it.
                          Maybe I'll give it another go.

It was way too long. Volume was crazy uneven. I know I missed a bunch of dialogue because I couldn't hear it. It wasn't terrible. It was just there. Which was disappointing. Stephen Merchant was pretty great.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I really liked Logan. Might be the best X movie with First Class being the best "team" one.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• ***cracks knuckles***

Logan while featuring beloved characters and actors is painfully average. It's so fucking painfully average that I'm starting to believe that some of you don't know shit from Shinola.

But, oh well. It's not like it matters.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                WONDER WOMAN was fantastic. Loved every second of it.
                                Dat 3rd act was DC generic. It felt like the Doomsday fight, but better. And a bit too much Chris Pine for my taste.

But the no Man's Land scene, a goddamn reshoot Jenkins fought to film, done with a 5 month pregnant Gadot, is Rogue One Hallway Vader-level for me. Amazing.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X