Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things

I watch it cooking with the wife, as she was interested. It kinda shook m a bit more than I expected. Granted, these guys are much more hardcore than I ever would be, but the message stands. How much shit do you need to buy to be happy? I've been wondering that for a while now. Accumulation of wealth, having a high paying job vs be happy. I won't sell all my stuff, but it does make me think on what's important. I kept wanting more and more.

Bigger house, more of this, of that. Now, I just wonder if it's all worth it. I might attempt something on a lesser degree, but I classify this as a must see.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Sounds fascinating, Martin. I'll look for that one.

In the meantime:
      MONEY MONSTER (George Clooney/Julia Roberts). Not bad. I had kinda low expectations but it was much better than I thought it was going to be. Jodie Foster did a decent job of direction, building up some good tension in certain scenes. Some of the plot developments are kinda out there, but most of it held up to some logical scrutiny without falling apart too badly.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Netflix, Matt!
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Arrival. I liked it. A bunch. hit me super hard. That's all I'll say about that.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• That Mondo poster is super good.

Comment

• It's terrible and you should feel bad. Tong slept walked through it
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I like it and you should feel worse!

Comment

• I love Tong but Rob is right. It's nice that he's mixing up his style again but it looks super unfinished. Anyway, I'm glad this is on Blu-ray now so hopefully I'll see it soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    Arrival. I liked it. A bunch. hit me super hard. That's all I'll say about that.

I still think I ranked it way too low in my Best of 2016. It just keeps rising up with each viewing.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• David Brent: Life on the Road (Netflix) - Not bad. It was a bit toooooo cringy throughout without enough levity peppered in, but I did like it. Lesley was a champ to make it to the end because she does not do cringe well. Ricky was great as per usual and the music was fucking amazing. It just sucked that the levity didn't come until the last 10 minutes of the movie.

Comment

• ARRIVAL- Damn. Villanueve is now a director whose movies I will always watch. I need to check out his earlier stuff for sure. Gotdamn, this is a movie. It really packs a punch. And I think it's structured in a way that repeat viewings will be awarded just as much. Damn.

I guess THE GREASY STRANGLER is on Prime now so I'll be taking a break from FRIDAY THE 13TH movies to check that out tomorrow night.

Comment

• LEGEND OF TARZAN - I liked it fine (I've always had a thing for Tarzan and Jane), but it could've used a bit more of a punch up in regards to the story and pacing. Really was hoping to see Tarzan get a bit more medieval on some bad guy asses, and there's a plot thread dealing wit Tarzan and an enemy tribe and their chieftain that needed a bit more of a resolution than what we got.

Margot Robbie was great in this, but her Jane did need more to do than just be the captive. Jane showed plenty of smarts, just needed to show 'em off some more.

All in all, though, I liked it fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            David Brent: Life on the Road (Netflix) - Not bad. It was a bit toooooo cringy throughout without enough levity peppered in, but I did like it. Lesley was a champ to make it to the end because she does not do cringe well. Ricky was great as per usual and the music was fucking amazing. It just sucked that the levity didn't come until the last 10 minutes of the movie.
                            Exactly how I felt. The Office had a little more sweetness to it, and this was just cringe and awful until the last few scenes. Which I guess, it's a 90 minute movie not a TV series, but still. The native American song is incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                              ARRIVAL- Damn. Villanueve is now a director whose movies I will always watch. I need to check out his earlier stuff for sure. Gotdamn, this is a movie. It really packs a punch. And I think it's structured in a way that repeat viewings will be awarded just as much. Damn.
                              After seeing Enemy and Prisoners, he's been one to watch for me, and Sicario and Arrival have been great so far.

Lego Batman

It was HILARIOUS!
                              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Saw Lego Batman and what I saw was funny but I slept through most of it, not a knock on the movie, I was just that wore out from work.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X