Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the studio decided not to release it, and Netflix bought it. Regardless, it's a high-budget, great looking movie. I wish it was always like that...
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I kinda thought the same thing about the new guns. Like, that supply drop had A LOT of repeat gear in order to strip out parts and make all the guns work the same.

Comment

• THE NEON DEMON- whoa, there's a reason this is at the top of Troy's list. It's Refn's best, right? There's a bit of a tone shift about halfway through but it stays consistently horrifying. I haven't said "what the fuck" out loud in reaction to a scene in a while but one of the final scenes did it. Definitely recommended.

Side note: I usually don't care about celeb gossip that much but, for real, does Desmond Harrington have anorexia or HIV or what?

Comment

• according to him he just doesn't drink anymore and he runs more.

I call shenanigans because I did that and no one ever thought I had aids.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• You sure about that Rob?
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• about 73% sure
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• So there's a 50-50% chance you have 73% of the bad aids?
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• the math checks out

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                    THE NEON DEMON- whoa, there's a reason this is at the top of Troy's list. It's Refn's best, right? There's a bit of a tone shift about halfway through but it stays consistently horrifying. I haven't said "what the fuck" out loud in reaction to a scene in a while but one of the final scenes did it. Definitely recommended.

Side note: I usually don't care about celeb gossip that much but, for real, does Desmond Harrington have anorexia or HIV or what?

It is the one and only film that stayed with me in 2016. Sure, I've been thinking about Jackie a ton lately, but last year was a great year for unexpected horror.

Jackie improves dramatically if you view it as Argento directing an episode of The West Wing.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• ARSENIC AND OLD LACE (1944): Good, but holy cow does Cary Grant overdo it with the mugging for the camera. It was interesting to read afterwards that he hated his performance in the film and felt that he went 'too far'. Still, it's a fun romp.

LA LA LAND (2016): Absolutely loved this. The songs were catchy (I've been humming 'City of Stars' for a couple of days), the dance numbers were fun, and I really connected with the story. GREAT, honest ending...not a hollywood ending at all, something that I really appreciated. It's gonna be hard to top this for best picture.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• HAIL, CAESAR (2016): OK, not great. There's some good stuff to be mined in here, but overall this film felt like 2/3 of a movie. Characters come and go, plots are introduced and not resolved, and nothing feels like it really matters. This 'nothing is resolved' thing worked in NCFOM because it was thematically sound and most of the characters had their arcs. Here, that doesn't happen...shit just occurs to the characters and very little means anything. Brolin's character has his epiphany about doing a hard job that matters, but that's it; Baird's big moment never happens, and it feels like Hobie's big moment ended up on the cutting room floor.

Worth it for the 'No Dames' number and a few really funny moments here and there, but this one never gels into 'must see Coen Bros' status for me.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          ARSENIC AND OLD LACE (1944): Good, but holy cow does Cary Grant overdo it with the mugging for the camera. It was interesting to read afterwards that he hated his performance in the film and felt that he went 'too far'. Still, it's a fun romp.

LA LA LAND (2016): Absolutely loved this. The songs were catchy (I've been humming 'City of Stars' for a couple of days), the dance numbers were fun, and I really connected with the story. GREAT, honest ending...not a hollywood ending at all, something that I really appreciated. It's gonna be hard to top this for best picture.

At the current rate, I see La La Land as the frontrunner. This will be a year where there's no clear frontrunner, but odds are on La La Land running the table ala how Silence of the Lambs snuck past JFK in 1991.

La La Land might only get 7 noms, but it can take 5 easily.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I believe it. At this point, I'd give it:
                            BEST PICTURE
                            BEST DIRECTOR
                            BEST SONG ('City of Stars')

Beyond that, I'm not sure. Granted, I haven't seen MANCHESTER BY THE SEA or MOONLIGHT yet.

Comment

• Watched The Secret Life of Pets OR How to Make An 88-Min Movie Feel Like 2 Hours.

ugh. Terrible movie except for the first 10 mins. Which was mostly the shit they showed in the trailers.

Too broad and overall just not funny.

Comment

• Yep, didn't care for it either. The trailers showed the only parts that I liked.

Comment

Working...
                                X