Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, it's very good. I remember the trailers reminded me of THE STRANGERS or whatever that one with Liv Tyler was called. It was a poor comparison because that one sucked. This one has a good story, some crazy violence, and decent music.

Comment

• LOVED Drag me to Hell in theatres, bought it on blu, haven't watched it since. Think I know what my next Halloween movie will be.

You're Next is definitely decent, but not a classic or anything for me. One and done. This and Hush were both good home invasion movies but I'm kind of over that whole subgenre
      XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Glad to hear it's better than The Strangers. Fuck that movie. The hallway scene completely RUINED it for me.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• You're Next

Overall, totally dug this. Much better than The Strangers. MUCH BETTER. The kills were decent, the gore was good, and story worked for me.

Spoiler: ending spoilers 
          Totally called the fact that Crispin was in on it right at the beginning. I thought they were going for misdirection with Felix and Zee because they were totally over the top. "FUCK ME ON TOP OF YOUR DEAD MOM!"

Loved seeing the dude from Until Dawn die in the beginning. Totally didn't buy he would be able to bone that chick though. haha
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The
              Spoiler: spoilers 
            fuck me on your dead mom
            part is AWESOME.

Comment

• I Am The Pretty Thing That Lives In the House

Netflix original haunted house/ghost story. It's not a super scary movie, but it's atmospheric as fuck. It's a really pretty movie. Tons of cool depth of field shots, that are crazy unsettling. Ruth Wilson is great. I don't know if it was intentional but smart of Netflix to have the lead in their original Halloween release to be the actress that got super big thanks to Luther streaming on Netflix.

So yeah, watch it. It's a slow ghost story, but I liked it a lot.

Rob, you'll hate it.

Comment

• That sounds terrible. Pass. Watched Lights Out last night. Do yourself a favor and just go watch the 3 minute short it's based on on YouTube. It's better than the shitty movie.

Comment

• I liked the movie. The short was better, but it was much better than most wide release horror movies.

Comment

• ugh, I thought it was terrible. It was so goddamn boring and predictable.

Comment

• The best part was the first 5 mins and that was basically the director remaking his original 3 min short. Such a waste.

Comment

• Watched the Evil Dead remake last night. Fuck man, I always forget how fucking BRUTAL that movie is. Fuckin Mumford...

Comment

• Texas Chainsaw Massacre

You know...sitting there watching it, I am not sure I have ever sat down and watched all of TCM before? I can see why it would super fuck people up when it came out.

The Orphanage

Really liked this...until the last 10 minutes. It goes from "holy shit that is super fucked up!" to some maudlin cheesy soap opera shit. If it had ended at the windowsill scene and left it, would have been so much more powerful.

Comment

• We watched so many goddamn horror movies this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              We watched so many goddamn horror movies this weekend.
                              Hell yeah. I wanted to watch more. I might try and get another one or two in today.

Comment

• Still not a fan of The Shining. Don't give a fuck what yall say. It's barely a fucking horror movie, Shelly Duvall is terrible, Nicholson needs to tone it down a bit, and the only scene that works for me is the bar scene. Otherwise, it's shot really well but just doesn't do anything for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X