Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like, how can she control stuff (like dismantle a gun) with her mind?

Comment

• She's using that one part of her brain you don't use Grave. Jesus were you even watching the fucking movie? :-D
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Hahaha, nicely done. I walked into that one.

I was totally ready to rip the movie a new one for Lucy being able to change her appearance but they actually explain that one! The rest? Eh, not so much. But at least it was entertaining!

Comment

• Yeah it makes no sense but it's a super entertaining movie IMO.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Guys, Magnificent Seven is thoroughly fucking enjoyable. I was looking at being annoyed at hackneyed southern accents the whole film but everyone actually does a decent job with that. I'm not saying it's Oscar worthy or anything but go in with lowered expectations and I think you all might find something to enjoy.

Pratt's a fucking movie star imho. I know I'm not saying anything new after Guardians but he's really good in this.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I'm a fan of the original. So I'm not expecting much, but the trailers lead me to believe this might be a halfway decent action flick, if nothing else. And yeah, I'm with you on Pratt. He might be the next Brad Pitt if he plays his cards right and nails a "serious" role or two.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I'll be honest it's been years since I've seen the original so the burden of that film really didn't weigh me down. Go in expecting Fuqua's take on that particular story and nothing more and I bet you'll enjoy the shit out of it.

Comment

• Catching up on recent movie viewing:

SULLY: this was great. Exceeded my expectations in almost every way. It was a lot more intense than I was expecting, and the story had a lot more meat to it than I was led to believe. I suspect that the drama of the investigation itself was punched up for dramatic effect but whatever...it worked for me. Very recommended.

LOOPER: Finally saw this. Very good, not great. The first half has a wild momentum to it that kinda just goes away once Emily Blunt enters the film. It's a solid story that I enjoyed for the clever premise and solid action, though. At least Bruce Willis didn't phone it in...he was legitimately excellent in this, and it was refreshing to see him really act again.

JOHN CARTER: watched it again for the first time after seeing it theatrically. It's close, very close, to working, but so much of the connective tissue that would make the plot actually flow is missing (probably on the editing floor). Fun visually, though.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I still hate the shit out of Looper.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Looper doesn't hold up to even its own logic. But it got a free pass because the director was BFFs with the online community.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• exactly.

Comment

• Or maybe some of us just fucking like the movie Jamie. Maybe.

Comment

• What HE ^ said.
                            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Yeah. I just like Looper. It's fun. The world is cool as hell. And give me a single time travel movie outside of Primer that holds up against a bit of scrutiny. None of them do.

Comment

• But Primer sucked so the point still stands.

OOOOOH GANGSTERS USE TIME TRAVEL TO KILL PEOPLE NEAAAT HERE'S A FAKE NOSE AND PAUL DANO

Comment

Working...
                                X