Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWISS ARMY MAN is very good and I actually liked Paul Dano. You should watch it.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
      SWISS ARMY MAN is very good and I actually liked Paul Dano. You should watch it.
      I missed the one screening here at the Alamo

Comment

• Holidays

Pure fucking turd. Few good moments, and ideas, but absolutely nothing is that good. The creepy Easter monster is pretty gross. The ending of the first scene is good. The idea for the last segment is good...but nothing does a good job start to finish. And FUUUUUUUUUUCK Kevin Smith. We knew it was his segment before we got 5 lines in.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          I missed the one screening here at the Alamo
          Check it when it hits VOD. It took a turn I wasn't entirely expecting and executed it very well.

Comment

• I turned on AMERICAN ULTRA while I was on the treadmill today. I think this might be another victim of horrible weed culture? Because all the ads made this look like THE PINEAPPLE IDENTITY, heavy on the pineapple, and so far the dumb drug jokes are at a minimum and the crazy covert government stuff is cranked up. Also- GOGGINS.

Comment

• I gotta see that.

Comment

• I finished AMERICAN ULTRA. The marketing team totally fucked this movie. Heisenberg and Stewart are not at all annoying, Topher Grace is a total douche (in a good way), and the fights are all good, especially the massacre at the fake Wal-Mart. I was so entertained I was surprised to see it was written by Max Landis.

Comment

• This might be in Tory and Jamie's wheelhouse.

The Phynx (1970) - caught this on TCM about 3 in the morning on Saturday. Plot's about a pre-fab band being created to act as spies and rescue a bunch of celebrities who's heyday came and went about a decade or so before. Makes your typical episode of the Monkees look like The Godfather by comparison. A very, very horribly paced, blandly written, shoddily dubbed (no shit - caught a couple of scenes where people were talking with their mouths closed), and probably quickly produced movie aimed to get that all important aforementioned Monkees demographic.

Jokes were cringe-worthy and hacky as all get out. There were throwaway racist/sexist bits, acting with about as much range as a broken water pistol, really atrocious costume designs (I know, it was late 60s, but some of the outfits in this dreck were hideous even for that time). And don't get me started on the set designs - to quote the late Paul Gleeson - everything looked like it was "decorated in early fuck.").

Also, truly awful songs and musical bits by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller (the guys who wrote classics like Jailhouse Rock and King Creole for Elvis, collaborated with Ben E. King for Stand By Me, and collaborated on the song On Broadway for the Drifters). These guys obviously pulled this films' songs out of a long lost reject pile, because... damn. Had to have done this for the paycheck - they just had to have, because there's absolutely no passion or soul in any of these tunes, despite what James Brown might've said in his "blink and you'll miss it" cameo when he presents the band with an award.

This flick SUCKED. Warner Bros. probably knew it, too, as this puppy came and went in theaters then was left in the vaults to moulder. I heard that this film was a cult flick that didn't get a DVD release until a few years ago, and I knew absolutely nothing about it until I watched it the other night. AVOID.

Comment

• Imperium AKA DARK HARRY POTTER

Really dug this. Radcliffe did a fantastic job and the supporting characters all brought the goods. Tense as fuck and I dug the ending a whole bunch.

I'm a big fan of movies dealing with domestic terrorism especially when it's white supremacy related. Shit fascinates me. Dug Toni Collette and loved seeing the diner owner from Stranger Things as a bad ass Nazi leader.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• DEATHGASM- the gore is so over the top. It's great. The story is pretty slim so don't come for that, come for the ridiculous dismemberments and death.

Comment

• right? I loved that movie.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• That sex toy scene had me howling in laughter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            Imperium AKA DARK HARRY POTTER

Really dug this. Radcliffe did a fantastic job and the supporting characters all brought the goods. Tense as fuck and I dug the ending a whole bunch.

I'm a big fan of movies dealing with domestic terrorism especially when it's white supremacy related. Shit fascinates me. Dug Toni Collette and loved seeing the diner owner from Stranger Things as a bad ass Nazi leader.

Watched this right after I watched Blood Father about two weeks ago. Dug the hell out of both.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                              This might be in Tory and Jamie's wheelhouse.

The Phynx (1970) - caught this on TCM about 3 in the morning on Saturday. Plot's about a pre-fab band being created to act as spies and rescue a bunch of celebrities who's heyday came and went about a decade or so before. Makes your typical episode of the Monkees look like The Godfather by comparison. A very, very horribly paced, blandly written, shoddily dubbed (no shit - caught a couple of scenes where people were talking with their mouths closed), and probably quickly produced movie aimed to get that all important aforementioned Monkees demographic.

Jokes were cringe-worthy and hacky as all get out. There were throwaway racist/sexist bits, acting with about as much range as a broken water pistol, really atrocious costume designs (I know, it was late 60s, but some of the outfits in this dreck were hideous even for that time). And don't get me started on the set designs - to quote the late Paul Gleeson - everything looked like it was "decorated in early fuck.").

Also, truly awful songs and musical bits by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller (the guys who wrote classics like Jailhouse Rock and King Creole for Elvis, collaborated with Ben E. King for Stand By Me, and collaborated on the song On Broadway for the Drifters). These guys obviously pulled this films' songs out of a long lost reject pile, because... damn. Had to have done this for the paycheck - they just had to have, because there's absolutely no passion or soul in any of these tunes, despite what James Brown might've said in his "blink and you'll miss it" cameo when he presents the band with an award.

This flick SUCKED. Warner Bros. probably knew it, too, as this puppy came and went in theaters then was left in the vaults to moulder. I heard that this film was a cult flick that didn't get a DVD release until a few years ago, and I knew absolutely nothing about it until I watched it the other night. AVOID.

Yeah, this is a very deep cut. WB Archive still has the DVD for sale.

Jay Silverheels and Larry Hankin (underrated as fuck character actor) have small roles.

The best is Michael Ansara (the once and future Mr. Freeze) as one of the bad guys.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Yeah, I thought that was Ansara. He's always good.

Comment

Working...
                                X