Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We watched the extended cut of ID4 this weekend.

If a movie ever needed an extended cut it was most certainly not this.

So much longer and only like 1-2 scenes that added anything to the actual story. What was funny was that we both knew every time a new scene showed up because we've both watched this flick a hundred times in the past.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      We watched the extended cut of ID4 this weekend.

If a movie ever needed an extended cut it was most certainly not this.

So much longer and only like 1-2 scenes that added anything to the actual story. What was funny was that we both knew every time a new scene showed up because we've both watched this flick a hundred times in the past.
      Yeah, longer? Definitely not.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• it was two and a half hours. BUT it's ID4, so I still enjoyed the shit out of the ridiculousness. But man, so many of those FX shots do not hold up. At all.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I remember really digging ID4 when it first came out. It's lost a little luster over the years, but it was on the other night and I watched the scene where they start the invasion, just leveling cities with those primary weapons again. It's still an attention getter. I'm sure I'll dig the hell out of the sequel, too, for at least a couple years.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I was 12 when Independence Day opened, and it was the film I was dying to see the most that summer.

Big into all things genre by then and, like everyone else, the iconography of those gigantic spaceships hovering over New York and the White House explosion was quite the sight circa '96. But more dorkishly, the fact that it starred Jeff Goldblum (my favorite actor as a kid, and who I always wanted to play Iron Man) and Bill Pullman (Thanks to my Spaceballs love) was enough right there.

As a kid, loved every second of it. But it's been impossible to sit through since the early 2000's. My old man (who got me into science fiction) still enjoys it but I... just can't.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I was talking about that with my best friend yesterday. We both know we saw it when it came out in theaters, and being kids enjoying it. But I don't think I've ever saw through it a second time in my life. I know I've seen bits and pieces if I was flipping through channels on cable, but all I remember is that outside of seeing it that first time the movie left a bad impression on me.

Comment

• To me, those who still love it do so due to nostalgia and the unabashedly cheese factor. That flick definitely wears its heart on its sleeve, I'll give it that.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Pretty much. I never shy away from why I love a film, even if it's purely nostalgia. What works in the film WORKS and what doesn't really doesn't. But it's still a fun movie to throw on once a year before the 4th, get really drunk, and yell lines at it.

Comment

• WELCOME TO EARF!!!
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• You know what? I'm not sure if it's just the meme has overtaken along with the casual racism but in the extended cut we watched he pronounces Earth like a goddamn scholar. It completely caught both Lesley and I off guard. Like the dude straight says "EARTH" We were laughing our asses off because "Earf" has wormed its way into the minds of all nerds.

Comment

You know what? I'm not sure if it's just the meme has overtaken along with the casual racism but in the extended cut we watched he pronounces Earth like a goddamn scholar. It completely caught both Lesley and I off guard. Like the dude straight says "EARTH" We were laughing our asses off because "Earf" has wormed its way into the minds of all nerds.

Ha. FOX.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I'll try to get proof

Comment

You know what? I'm not sure if it's just the meme has overtaken along with the casual racism but in the extended cut we watched he pronounces Earth like a goddamn scholar. It completely caught both Lesley and I off guard. Like the dude straight says "EARTH" We were laughing our asses off because "Earf" has wormed its way into the minds of all nerds.
                            It's just straight up lazy racist joke bullshit. I remember seeing that clip on just being like...wtf, nerds are the wooooooooorst.

Comment

• Racist? Yeah and I'm not one to play that card often.

That and it's like "Play it again, Sam" and "May the Force be with you!" No matter how much you correct people, Hell even play the entire film right in front of them... they will remain convinced it was in there.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Force it again, Sam.

Comment

Working...
                                X