Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
    The French Connection is one of the greatest films ever made. I know a lot of people will point to The Exorcist as Friedkin's best but this one is tops for me.
    I could have done with a little more development of Hackman's and Scheider's characters, though. They were staking dudes out a lot; maybe they could have had some deeper conversations, so the audience would get to know them as people. I found it hard to care about anything other than "the bust". Which was maybe the point, I guess. But the only thing that stuck with me about either character was that Popeye Doyle was a hotheaded, obsessive asshole with a checkered record. Scheider seemed almost like a lapdog, and a talent as prodigious as his deserved better.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• The French Connection is a goddamn masterpiece.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Terminator:Genysis

I honestly don't know how I feel. Like I loved the beginning, hated the middle, and kind of loved the end. But overall I'm still very fucking confused. Will need to watch again tonight to come to a solid conclusion. That being said, Jai Courtney is the WORST ACTOR in the last decade. Seriously. The dude is charisma vacuum.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I didn't think that Jai was too bad in T:G. He's been awful in other films, but I thought he was adequate here, especially in comparison to Emilia Clarke (who is flat out TERRIBLE in this).

T:G is a weird one. There are many elements to the film that work like gangbusters (generally involving Arnold), but there's so much that is so poorly thought out poorly executed that it's hard to come to a definitive conclusion on it. I liked it and hated it at the same time.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I liked Emilia's take on Sarah more than I thought I was going to. But I think that's only because she only had to out act a robot and Jai.

The reveal of the twist in the marketing was the WORST THING they could have done in my opinion. It completely deflated the middle of the movie.

And please, keep Matt Smith out of everything. He's terrible and I hate him.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yeah, didn't care for Matt Smith either.

Arnold's really good in this, though. Fully committed. I also liked his interactions with Jai Courtney...I thought that they had good chemistry in the film overall.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• If it wasn't for Arnold this movie would fall firmly in "hated it" territory. He really did give it his all. And you're right, when Jai and Arnold were riffing it worked. The star of the movie is J.K. Simmons though. He was fantastic everytime he showed up.

There was some cool set pieces and the future war beginning was fantastic. The first 20-25 mins was awesome.

Comment

• Here's a question: Did they ever explain where "Pops" came from and who sent him? I legit can't remember and by the end of the movie the "logic" of what was happening and what happened made NO SENSE.

Comment

• I loved the stuff with the T-1000. The mirror scene, sewer scene and the little bit with him "hacking" into other machines was really cool.

Comment

• So it's worth my time?
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Rent it and let me know. haha.

I'm not mad I rented it but am glad I didn't buy it. Yet. I need another watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          Here's a question: Did they ever explain where "Pops" came from and who sent him? I legit can't remember and by the end of the movie the "logic" of what was happening and what happened made NO SENSE.
                          They were intentionally vague there. My assumption is that that reveal would happen in a sequel.

Comment

• I hope the reveal is that this is the person that sent Pops back:

Comment

• The Omen (1970's version). Holds up well, but definitely has a 70's vibe to it. Slowly builds suspense, not overly gory (although the decapitation caused a bit of a stir when the film was released), and with a modest body count. But a believable creepy believeability, building the tension. A classic. The remake was totally unnecessary.

A Wes Craven werewolf flick called "Cursed". Meh. I've seen much worse, but nothing about it is especially great. The performances were kind of dull. The FX were just adequate. It tried for a wry sense of humor, but didn't try hard enough. Scott Baio as himself was amusing, though.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• TRAINWRECK- what's this? An Apatow movie that doesn't feel like it's 40 hours long and doesn't make me want to eat a bullet? Delightful! All credit to Amy Schumer, I suppose. Really, everyone in this is great. It ends up being a traditional rom com by the end but the performances are engaging and there are enough jokes throughout to make it worth it.

John Cena's O-face will haunt my nightmares. I CAN see you, John.

Comment

Working...
                                X