Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I played WoW with some friends, our Guild was called the Lebowski Urban Achievers. Tabards had two tankards toasting. Full of white liquid, of course. Our City of Heroes Supergroup had the same name.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      THE BIG LEBOWSKI

Finally saw it after all of these years. It was good and we laughed/smirked for most of the runtime, and I get why there's a cult around it, but it wasn't 'top tier' Coen Bros for us. We certainly enjoyed BURN AFTER READING a lot more.

John Goodman absolutely killed it, though. I wanted more of him and less of The Dude, in all honesty. He was on an entirely different plane of awesomeness.
      The fact that you don't mention the best character from the movie, the legendary Jesus Quintana, makes me sad, Matt.

DON'T FUCK WITH THE JESUS!

BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
        The fact that you don't mention the best character from the movie, the legendary Jesus Quintana, makes me sad, Matt.

DON'T FUCK WITH THE JESUS!

He was great. Unfortunately, I wanted about 10X more of him (or an entire movie of him) because he absolutely stole the movie in his two brief scenes.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• DEJA VU (2006) with Denzel.

Pretty damned solid movie. I caught bits and pieces of it years ago and thought it looked pretty cool, so I finally sat down and watched it. It's a pretty cool concept overall, and the way that this whole 'time window' is applied and used is fairly well thought out. There's a fantastic scene where Denzel is driving a Hummer and wearing a helmet that lets him look at the present and the past at the same time that is really, really clever and exciting, and the movie is worth a watch for that scene alone.

Good flick.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

THE BIG LEBOWSKI

Finally saw it after all of these years. It was good and we laughed/smirked for most of the runtime, and I get why there's a cult around it, but it wasn't 'top tier' Coen Bros for us. We certainly enjoyed BURN AFTER READING a lot more.

John Goodman absolutely killed it, though. I wanted more of him and less of The Dude, in all honesty. He was on an entirely different plane of awesomeness.
            First, I can't believe you've never seen it before. Second, you are INSANE about it not being top tier Cohens. It is fucking S rank, and their only S rank.

Watched Force Awakens again last night. Not even the Alabama Stomach Busters could ruin that movie.

Comment

• Watched Force Awakens with the entire family. Still is one great movie. Not perfect, but really really good, with amazing moments in it.

First time around for my 5 years old daughter. Man, the face she made when Rey caught the lightsaber at the end? PRICELESS.

My instinct was correct on that one since I saw it: now she wants to be a Jedi. AWESOME!!
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• UNFINISHED BUSINESS (Vince Vaughn, Tom Wilkinson, Dave Franco).

Really not very good. The script feels like an outline of a movie waiting for someone to come in and add jokes later. It's almost 100% devoid of laughs, and the few moments that are kinda funny are 'smilers' more than 'laughers'.

A complete waste of time. Avoid.

Comment

• SICARIO

Holy shit was this good. I almost want to see it again right now.

Comment

SICARIO

Holy shit was this good. I almost want to see it again right now.
                    Indeed. I have been meaning to revisit it.

Comment

• The Interview.

God damn was that unfunny, and the red-band trailers brought the goods. That was my Christmas Day theatrical viewing of choice before Sony pussied out and then (kinda) didn't. I showed Ana This is the End last weekend (She'd never heard of it) and that still held up.

With this, Neighbors (plus its remake posing as a sequel next month) and The Night Before, makes me wonder if Seth Rogen (as a writer/producer) is spent? Yeah, Sausage Party looks great.. but so did those other comedies, and there was a fair share of mixed-negative reactions at SXSW.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Neighbors and Night Before were pretty funny though? And Rogen is producing Preacher which is getting high praise right?

Comment

• I fucking LOVED The Interview. Only comedy in the last few years that I watched 2-3 times in the span of a week.

Franco fucking KILLS in it.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Still need to see THIS IS THE END, but NEIGHBORS made me laugh pretty damned hard. I think that Seth is funny when he's paired with the right people, and he had good chemistry with the cast of NEIGHBORS (especially with Rose Byrne).

Comment

• Franco is certainly... fearlessly out there. Very cartoon-y.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• The whole movie is a cartoon.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X