Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    Which for me works much better than catatonic Barbara from the orignial. Plus Tony Todd and Tom Towles are super fun in it.

I don't feel that the 90's version is all that dated to be honest.
    It's dated, but a lot of what makes it feel dated don't seem to be Savini choices. As someone that got to watch what existed for the VHS Director's Cut.

(Thank you Horror fanboys for the links you send)

The final 5 minutes, end credits, the staging for the first act was pushed on Savini by SONY.

That middle section is about the most Savini you get, but they toned down the FX shown.

Why? Well, it was a corporate over-reaction meant to improve upon the original. It was the start of the push at the time in late 1989/early 1990 and it is dated.

Barbara's turn from waif to badass ginger is super forced. But, I will say this. Tony Todd runs that movie from the start to finish.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• post these links
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

post these links

Dead. Vimeo takedown.

Just like the Dune Judas Booth cut.

If you want, I can tag you into the private group when we get stuff.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• sure. What was all that different?
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I still say Rerb is sleep deprived and suffering from impaired judgment. Christ, those poor motorists on the roads of Wisconsin. . . .
            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

sure. What was all that different?

Way, way more gore.

The opening didn't play like it did with Tallman having the longest run between graveyard to house. It was a quicker sprint.

The immediacy to get the house barricaded happened faster. They also picked up that someone might be in the house sooner. First attacks happened the same way.

Zombie heads explode when shot in the face.

Movie ended same way as the original.

Final credits had an orange tint rather than black and white.

Comment

• TAKE CARE (streaming on Netflix)

Decent rom com about a gal (Leslie Bibb) who got hit by a car and is recuperating in her apartment. She needs people to take care of her and ends up guilt-tripping her old boyfriend to help her out.

The wife unit wanted to see it so I obliged her. As far as rom coms go, this is actually pretty good. It's also better acted than most, especially with the old boyfriend (some guy I've never seen before). Some good, earned laughs in here, but mostly it's just a pretty solid character thing.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  Way, way more gore.

The opening didn't play like it did with Tallman having the longest run between graveyard to house. It was a quicker sprint.

The immediacy to get the house barricaded happened faster. They also picked up that someone might be in the house sooner. First attacks happened the same way.

Zombie heads explode when shot in the face.

Movie ended same way as the original.

Final credits had an orange tint rather than black and white.
                  The gore thing is a shame. I dug the stuff they did show but yeah, compared to Dawn/Day it's basically a Disney flick.

Comment

The gore thing is a shame. I dug the stuff they did show but yeah, compared to Dawn/Day it's basically a Disney flick.

That's the problem when you go wide at a major studio on a horror release.

Hell, "Land of the Dead" looks tamed compared to the Romero OT now.

Comment

• Land has a few good scenes but yeah I agree. Also not a fan of CG blood. At all.

Comment

• Lost Soul - The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's Island of Dr. Moreau

It's on Netflix and it's fucking crazy interesting. My favorite line:

"I think Moreau should wear a hat all of the time and at the end of the movie he takes off the hat and he's actually a dolphin" - Bob Shaye recounting what Marlon Brando wanted to do with his character from The Island of Dr. Moreau
                        awesome. I actually enjoy the movie for what it is but holy hell would I love to see Stanley's vision.

Comment

• Last Days Here - Documentary about the lead singer of 70's group Pentagram. Sad as fuck for the most part but with an ending I didnt' see coming.

I believe it's on Netflix as well.

Comment

You could just sense his soul trying to leave his body whenever he looked directly at the camera. IT's fucking unnerving.
                            I don't know if I could ever rewatch that. He freaked me out terribly.
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• It is. I watched that a few weeks ago and then added Pentagram's whole catalog to my Amazon wish list.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• The Kingsman.

Now that's a fucking BOND movie. Also may have taken the award for best use of Free Bird since The Devil's Rejects.

Loved it. Loved it so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X