Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - ROGUE NATION

Another solid entry. I'd put it at about the same level as GHOST PROTOCOL. This one has a better overall plot and villain, but GP has the standout Dubai sequence.

Recommended.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      It really didn't bug me. I thought Carl Weathers was pretty amazing through all of it.
      He is but whiney stallone almost ruins it for me.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Night of the Living Dead (1990). Won't ever replace the original, but a decent redux nonetheless. Besides Tony Todd, look for other genre faves like Bill Moseley and Tom Towles and the hotness that is Patricia Tallman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          ALL OF THE FREEZE FRAMES.

We watched Poltergeist II on vacation for shits and giggles as Lesley had never seen it. Man, what a let down it still is. They never use Kane to his full potential and Coach's hair is ridiculous.

Also rewatched The Town Extended Edition. Wasn't a fan the first time around, but loved this movie this time. Affleck was fucking great.

They couldn't use Kane that much because they hired a dying man to play the role. It's hard to get them to sit still in makeup when they're coughing up blood.

Also, Cannon poached a lot of the directing and writing talent away from it.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Just looked it up. Julian Beck (Kane) died about 5 weeks after he finished shooting his scenes. He never lived to see Poltergeist II.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I was going to say the best part of Kane was hiring a dying guy because it added to the role, but felt it was in bad taste. IT's true though.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I was going to say the best part of Kane was hiring a dying guy because it added to the role, but felt it was in bad taste. IT's true though.
                He was one of the few things that freaked me out as a kid. That and the hall of Mombi heads from Return to Oz.

Comment

• You could just sense his soul trying to leave his body whenever he looked directly at the camera. IT's fucking unnerving.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                    Night of the Living Dead (1990). Won't ever replace the original, but a decent redux nonetheless. Besides Tony Todd, look for other genre faves like Bill Moseley and Tom Towles and the hotness that is Patricia Tallman.
                    I'll go on record and say it totally replaces the original. Easily. I'm still just fucking annoyed they ruined the bluray transfer.

Comment

• Trainwreck.........I liked it, didn't love it. I feel like somethings wrong when you have such accomplished comedians in a film and I'm still hoping for more Lebron. There were some great jokes sprinkled in here and there but it felt a little.....lacking I'd say is the best word.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I'll go on record and say it totally replaces the original. Easily. I'm still just fucking annoyed they ruined the bluray transfer.
                        The original NOTLD is a classic, as it elevated the horror genre from the days of rubber monster masks and old horror film cliches, but I do see your point. If anything, the 1990 version does dovetail nicely into Romero's later Dead films and the various other zombie flicks that came out after the remake.

I heard a LOT of horror stories about the blu-ray. I'd also love to see Savini's extended cut of the remake - hear tell it's pretty great.

Comment

I'll go on record and say it totally replaces the original. Easily.
                          The stress has finally gotten to you. You are now making insane statements with no basis in reality. I'm going to PM Leslie and ask her to take you back to the cabin for like a month.
                          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                            The original NOTLD is a classic, as it elevated the horror genre from the days of rubber monster masks and old horror film cliches, but I do see your point. If anything, the 1990 version does dovetail nicely into Romero's later Dead films and the various other zombie flicks that came out after the remake.

I heard a LOT of horror stories about the blu-ray. I'd also love to see Savini's extended cut of the remake - hear tell it's pretty great.

Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                            The stress has finally gotten to you. You are now making insane statements with no basis in reality. I'm going to PM Leslie and ask her to take you back to the cabin for like a month.
                            Sure, when it came out it was amazing, but while the central story still works today, the acting is fucking atrocious. Barbara is the fucking WORST and because they changed her character in the remake, that's why I elevate it above the original. I still enjoy the original and have fun watching it, but if given a choice, I'll pick the remake any fucking day of the week.

The blu-ray looks amazing but was completely over saturated with a blue filter about 15 mins into the movie. Right after the zombie gets hit by Ben's truck the color palette completely changes. It looks fucking terrible. Anytime I watch it now, I just change my tv settings to black and white and watch it that way.

Comment

Sure, when it came out it was amazing, but while the central story still works today, the acting is fucking atrocious. Barbara is the fucking WORST and because they changed her character in the remake, that's why I elevate it above the original. I still enjoy the original and have fun watching it, but if given a choice, I'll pick the remake any fucking day of the week.

The blu-ray looks amazing but was completely over saturated with a blue filter about 15 mins into the movie. Right after the zombie gets hit by Ben's truck the color palette completely changes. It looks fucking terrible. Anytime I watch it now, I just change my tv settings to black and white and watch it that way.

The 1990 version is just as dated with wonky acting. Patricia Tallman went the opposite direction for 1990 and became a girl power cliche.

Comment

• Which for me works much better than catatonic Barbara from the orignial. Plus Tony Todd and Tom Towles are super fun in it.

I don't feel that the 90's version is all that dated to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X