Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    Balboa has the clunkiest set up for the fight ever BUT it also has the most feels imho. I kind of wish they'd just left it at that and not done the Creed flick.
    Yeah, I remember something to do with a video game simulation or some shit started the whole movie. I'm optimistic about Creed if only because Wallace is in it.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Watched Mad Max tonight. Apparently for my first time. I did not remember a goddamn thing about this movie. Enjoyable but rough around the edges. Some shots were AMAZING. Others were EVEN MORE AMAZING. Music was hilarious. Big mentally handicapped guy reminded me of Joey Gladstone. Cut it out. Looking forward to Road Warrior.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Yeah, I remember something to do with a video game simulation or some shit started the whole movie. I'm optimistic about Creed if only because Wallace is in it.
        I like Wallace. But Balboa stuck the fucking ending pretty well.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Watched Mad Max tonight. Apparently for my first time. I did not remember a goddamn thing about this movie. Enjoyable but rough around the edges. Some shots were AMAZING. Others were EVEN MORE AMAZING. Music was hilarious. Big mentally handicapped guy reminded me of Joey Gladstone. Cut it out. Looking forward to Road Warrior.
          I know I've seen Mad Max but I couldn't tell you a thing about. Will tell you all about mothafuckin Barter Town though.

Comment

• I am still watching TUSK but I couldn't really tell you why. Parks is actually really good but it's just so ridiculous. And WTf Johnny Depp.

Comment

• HAHAHA, HOLY SHIT, the scene where "Tusk" plays just came on. THIS is why I'm still watching, hahahaha, ridiculous.

Comment

• Watched "The Hunger" last night. I had never seen this for some reason. It just misses greatness, IMO, because while highly stylized (in an it-could-only-have-been-made-in-the-80's way), they kind of overdid the sound effects and such like. Great premise, awesome climax, and the final scene was terrific. Deneuve and Bowie. And young Sarandon, with a terrible hairdo. What more need be said?
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                  I am still watching TUSK but I couldn't really tell you why. Parks is actually really good but it's just so ridiculous. And WTf Johnny Depp.
                  loved the movie, loved IT, UNTIL DEPP. Then any good will is completely out the window. Terrible fucking choice. However, that ending is fucking great.

Comment

• It comes to a halt so fast once he shows up that it gives you whiplash. Just terrible. I was into it before that even though it's dumb. Parks kept me drawn in.

Comment

• yep. Parks was really good. Depp fucking killed any goodwill in a matter of 30 seconds. So stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                        Watched "The Hunger" last night. I had never seen this for some reason. It just misses greatness, IMO, because while highly stylized (in an it-could-only-have-been-made-in-the-80's way), they kind of overdid the sound effects and such like. Great premise, awesome climax, and the final scene was terrific. Deneuve and Bowie. And young Sarandon, with a terrible hairdo. What more need be said?
                        The hunger made me a Tony Scott fan. One of the best openings ever.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Maggie.

Henry Hobson knows how to direct the Austrian Oak. Keep his sad, weathered face in focus and don't let him talk. Let those lines on his mug do it.

And that is what carries him through this depressing, but well-acted character drama.

Abigail Breslin does some outstanding work as the lead. The combined powers of Arnold as her protective, loving dad and her fragility in dealing with the inevitability of the situation is just so fucking sad and awful, it realigns expectations of what to take away from the genre.

I did appreciate the take on the affliction of reanimation and consciousness, as that blurred line offered up some of the most heartbreaking moments of the film.

Fuck. I need a SSRI.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                            Watched "The Hunger" last night. I had never seen this for some reason. It just misses greatness, IMO, because while highly stylized (in an it-could-only-have-been-made-in-the-80's way), they kind of overdid the sound effects and such like. Great premise, awesome climax, and the final scene was terrific. Deneuve and Bowie. And young Sarandon, with a terrible hairdo. What more need be said?
                            Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                            The hunger made me a Tony Scott fan. One of the best openings ever.
                            From the start with Bauhaus singing "Bela Lugosi's Dead" to that creepy scene/kill with Bowie and the kid, to the "Are you making a pass at me, Mrs. Blaylock?" and the wine spill (followed by what happens after. Yow. Za. ), to the climax and ending, this is one of my all-time favorites of the genre.

This film was my introduction to Tony Scott, Goths/club folk, lesbians, and I'm pretty sure kid kills, too (as in "Holy shit! He KILLED that girl! WHOA!").

Comment

• The Hunger is classic shit. Good stuff.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Another point in its favor, because it dared to "go there".
                                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X