Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Every once in a while I plop down and watch this film and every single time it hits the right note. To me it is a nearly perfect distillation of the O'Brian maritime adventures of Aubrey and co.

Would I have enjoyed more? Sure. But as a standalone it is incredibly well executed.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Master and Commander is a goddamn masterpiece. I expected nothing, and yet it came out perfect.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
        Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Every once in a while I plop down and watch this film and every single time it hits the right note. To me it is a nearly perfect distillation of the O'Brian maritime adventures of Aubrey and co.

Would I have enjoyed more? Sure. But as a standalone it is incredibly well executed.
        Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Master and Commander is a goddamn masterpiece. I expected nothing, and yet it came out perfect.
        First flick I saw at home with a proper surround sound.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• That's one hell of a start. It's still a gold standard in sound design.

Comment

• Jupiter Ascending

I liked it. That movie deserved a HBO 10-part mini series. The setting flet textured, really deep. The designs are amazing.

It's a fun, if convoluted ride. But it's GORGEOUS. Everything, the ships, planets, etc... superb. I want more stories set in that universe.

Eddie Remayne was....how can I say it... PUNCHING THE SCREEN WITH ACTING!

It's a B-movie packaged as a super A-lister. It's gonna be a must buy as a Blu at 10$ or less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Jupiter Ascending

That movie deserved a HBO 10-part mini series. The designs are amazing.

It's a fun, if convoluted ride. But it's GORGEOUS. Everything, the ships, planets, etc... superb.

Eddie Remayne was....how can I say it... PUNCHING THE SCREEN WITH ACTING!

It's a B-movie packaged as a super A-lister. It's gonna be a must buy as a Blu at 10$ or less.

Redmayne NEEDS TO BE IN ALL OF THE THINGS AS THIS CHARACTER.

And totally in regards to it being a B-Movie. Most of these ideas feel like they have shown up in some sci-fi originals throughout the years but Wachowski siblings blew them up in the only way they know how: MONEY

I love this silly movie. So much.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah. It also felt kinka like a Space opera Matrix. I loved that chariot/human hybrid. It' all those little details. And I'd take more adventures of the Aegis space cops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Redmayne NEEDS TO BE IN ALL OF THE THINGS AS THIS CHARACTER.
                  I wish Redmayne played Stephen Hawkins as Balem Abrasax. So. Much. Potential.

And I remember really liking him when he first teamed up with Sean Bean in the underrated Black Death.

Comment

• I just want a series set on the gargoyle dinosaurs planet.

Comment

• I want it all. The dinosaurs, the elephant/human splice, the Aegis, the space floating fucking, EVERYTHING.

And the ship designs. Goddamn.

Comment

• Finally watched Riddick this weekend. Loved it. His space dog, Starbuck's bewbs, those creature's tails, the bad guy from Bad Boys 2, the gore, that fucking machete kill near the end, and swoop bikes were all awesome. IT's a shame that people just don't want Riddick movies because Vin is always so much fun to watch in them.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• JAMES VAN DER BEEK AND KATIE SACKOFF ARE POWER RANGERS

Comment

• I liked RIDDICK as well. Lot of fun.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Just came here to post POWER/RANGERS. Fan films are awful but that one is pretty good.

Comment

• hahah. BEAT YOU.

And lulz to the "twist".

Comment

Working...
                                X