Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
    Wolf of Wall Street. Haters gonna hate, but I liked this. It made me laugh a couple times. The scene where the 'luudes kick in while he's on the phone with the PI was funny as hell. Leo and, small as his part was, McConaughey were brilliant. And Margot Robbie is SMOKIN' fuckin' hot. I really wonder how much of this shit was actually going on, and how much may have been an exaggeration.
    85/15 split. The crazier shit did happen. Also, Belfort looks closer to Michael Bay in real life.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Tusk. Goddammit Kevin. Totally on board until Johnny showed up. WTF man? It's like two different movies at this point which is a bummer because even with how stupid and fucked up the reveal is, you buy it until Johnny and his MadTV accent shows up.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Tusk. Goddammit Kevin. Totally on board until Johnny showed up. WTF man? It's like two different movies at this point which is a bummer because even with how stupid and fucked up the reveal is, you buy it until Johnny and his MadTV accent shows up.

I buy Michael Parks as a retarded person before Depp. What was amazing was my wife not putting two and two together until I explained it.

She told me that it almost ruined the movie for her. But, she really likes Kevin Smith.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• That porch scene was ehhhhhh but mostly because of Depp. fucking terrible....which sucks because there is something good here dammit.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Parks was great. The first scene with him and Long in the parlor was great. Genesis Rodriguez needs to be in a different movie. She did fine but man was Wallace hard to like. This was fun to watch though for reasons because of BDR/PodCaust though.

Comment

• That jersey wearing goober needs to take a lap and lay off the weed.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• So far I've watch like an hour of Anchorman 2 and it's stupefying on how unfunny it is despite the huge talent involved. Damn.

Don't know if I'll finish it.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  So far I've watch like an hour of Anchorman 2 and it's stupefying on how unfunny it is despite the huge talent involved. Damn.

Don't know if I'll finish it.
                  Don't even bother.
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• 22 JUMP STREET- DEAD. I loved the first one and this tops it. probably going to watch THE LEGO MOVIE tomorrow to see if this is Lord and Miller's world and they're just letting us live in it.

Comment

• Loved 22. Love Lego much more.

Comment

• The Last Boy Scout. Haven't seen it in ages. SO MANY PIGEONS in this movie. Forgot how great the bad guy is in this. Although his best role is still in Nothing But Trouble.

Comment

• UNDER THE SKIN- what a waste of two hours. You can be weird and/or try to make some point about...I don't know, objectification of women? But at least TRY to be interesting. So annoyed I watched the whole thing.

Comment

• Arlington Road. Still love this movie. Robbins and Cusack are fucking great.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                              UNDER THE SKIN- what a waste of two hours. You can be weird and/or try to make some point about...I don't know, objectification of women? But at least TRY to be interesting. So annoyed I watched the whole thing.
                              I liked it quite a bit. You saw objectivication, I saw the layers of constructed and cultivated alienation within humanity (the inpenetrable language barriers, the ritual of eating, fucking without the parts required, keeping up appearances to appear normal or a part of the writhing mass of idiot hillpeople, the marks we make on those who are born afflicted, why swimming after stupid-ass dogs can lead to a daisychain of horrors, etc.)

See, the ones where the message isn't completely clear can be a sounding board for conversation with other people, but most people don't have the goddamn patience to try to sift in the ambiguity sandbox for more than a nanosecond so why try?

It did try. Maybe a bit too hard at times, but it tried.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Oh, I agree it was trying very hard. I guess I didn't find Johansson compelling enough to care about each scenario as presented. But I suppose her detached nature was part of the point. I think one of the things that really got under my skin, pardon the pun, was the soundtrack. It was absolutely in service of the film but, man, did it make my skin crawl. The more I think about it, the more I appreciate the turn Johansson's character makes. but I would've been more interested in seeing what happened if her partner caught up with her rather than humanity taking its revenge.

Comment

Working...
                                X