Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

That movie suckkkkeeeddd. Hard. So bad. Apatow needs to stop or get a better editor.
    So disappointed. Totally agree.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
      Almost Famous.

Still the least shitty Cam Crowe movie.

His boomer views are felt in every frame but the work done by the ensemble* keeps one from reflecting on the time in question with the usual pessimism of what that sort of naive idealism wrought and instead, beckons us along for the ride.

*An exception must be made for Fugit, who is weak-to-okay for the majority but when it really matters, his earnestness just falls away and all that is left is an actor showcasing his inexperience and calling attention to the artificiality of the whole mascarade (he's bad at his job).
      Yes
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• the new TMNT. We just recorded a TMNT episode for BDR. Should be up within the week.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• THE BABADOOK- this is probably going to end up in the "Great movies I don't need to see again, or at least for a long time" column. Especially after the storybook is completed it just kept piling on the dread and tension. It's really a great horror story that doesn't rely on gore or cheap scares. Definitely recommended.

Comment

• loved that. Not scary, but fuck is that a goddamn tense movie. The sound design is amazing.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Godzilla v. Hedorah. My son is huge into Kaiju (see what I did there?), and mom got this for him for X-mas on Blu, along with the Gamera Legacy Collection (8 films on 2 discs). G v. H is easily the strangest, most quirky Big G movie ever. Somewhat sloppy editing, in that it kind of jumps a lot between scenes, but still a slice of Toho greatness. One of, if not the best Big G villains ever. Funky psychedelic music and animation interludes. High ass death toll. Creeping, creepy ooze. And disturbing imagery/death scenes when the flying Hedorah buzzes those guys on the docks. . . this film has it all. My son declared: This is the best movie I've ever seen", deposing the recently installed Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. I just hope the creepy stuff doesn't give him nightmares. my wife would never let me hear the end of it.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• new TMNT wasn't bad at all. Hit all the right beats for a movie called TMNT. Splinter was creepy as fuck, they love skype in this movie, the punishment scene was great "99 cheese pizza", we got "Tonight I dine on turtle soup!" which was great. The Splinter/Shredder fight was fucking awesome though. The new suit was ridiculously neat. Like, I would love that toy as a kid. Arnett was ok with not much to do, Fox was Fox, and Fichtner's tight shirt was ridiculous. Also love the fact they admit the ooze is from outer space. Gives me hope for Krang, Rock guys, and TRICERATONS!

The adrenaline scene was hilarious. "I JUST WANT TO CLEAN" Rent this shit if you are a fan of TMNT. This falls in the Transformers mold for me. I can't be mad at the shit they changed because the source material is just as ridiculous.

Comment

• Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Still fucking awesome. Serkis deserves heaps of awards. ALL THE AWARDS.

Comment

• The story in TMNT was D-U-M. But I really enjoyed the action and gadgets and stuff. I'm not going to run to the store to buy it but I'll certainly watch it again when it hits Netflix or whatever.

Comment

• I'll probably watch the new TMNT with the son. Glad to see it ain't pure garbage.

Rewatched Days of Future Past. Overall, ok to good movie, but the Quicksilver Pentagon scene is the most fun scene of the year. I wonder how Avengers 2 is gonna top that.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• TMNT isn't going to set the world on fire with it's amazing story, but it was much better than either Ceej or I thought it was going to be. If anything, at least watch the Splinter/Shredder fight.

Comment

• I'm not expecting all for it, but I trust you that it's gonna be at least watchable.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I had a big stupid grin on my face for large sections of this. My only major complaint was the copious amount of shakycam bullshit. Hope that shit is gone in the sequel.

Comment

• John Wick was fucking amazing
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Wolf of Wall Street. Haters gonna hate, but I liked this. It made me laugh a couple times. The scene where the 'luudes kick in while he's on the phone with the PI was funny as hell. Leo and, small as his part was, McConaughey were brilliant. And Margot Robbie is SMOKIN' fuckin' hot. I really wonder how much of this shit was actually going on, and how much may have been an exaggeration.
                                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X