Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's amazing how many people have come around on that film since it came out on dvd/blu ray. It was unfairly dismissed in its theatrical run as just another damned Cruise project. The film is worth it just for that 'drink your blood from a boot' phone call.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I saw Rosie's roses on the big screen. It was great. That car chase was dope as well.

Definitely agree on the dialogue being pretty wonderful tough guy shade-throwing stuff.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Jack Reacher's great. One of my fave films of 2012, no joke. Solid, tough dialogue, a smart script and excellent direction. So Cruise isn't a foot taller - he nails the attitude and I buy him in every scene. And apparently, we are indeed getting at least one more (based on the latest Lee Child book).

12 Years a Slave

Jesus. A crescendo of emotion. All the headliner's are great (I'm crushing so hard on Pitt right now), but it was extra nice to see Garrett Dillahunt and Scoot McNairy - two of my favourite character actors working - and the always excellent Alfre Woodard in tiny parts. And, as good as Ejiofor and Fassbender are in the big parts - and they are really great - Lupita Nyong'o is incredible as Patsy. By the film's tough, understated ending, it feels as much her story as Northup's. The final shot of her is a little bit of genius.

I only got out of this an hour ago and it's having an odd impact on my emotions right now, but I feel this is going to grow with me over the next few days and weeks. Must be seen.

Final thought on this: don't be put off by the talk of it being excessively violent. It simply isn't. There is violence, but it is used sparingly and as such carries weight and power, but this is not a gory film - not even close to something like The Passion of the Christ. It's just ten times as powerful at times.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• If you're a fan of Dillahunt, check out Raising Hope on Netflix if you have a chance. He's fucking hilarious in it.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post

12 Years a Slave
            I just don't know if I can endure that one.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yep, REACHER delivered to the end (huh huh). Whole lotta manly man dialogue.

Comment

• BAFTA nominations came out. Nice to see RUSH get in there on quite a few of them.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• OK, I've turned around on my opinion of THE WOLF OF WALL STREET a bit. I get it, now. Not sure how I missed it, but yeah...it's a complete takedown FUCK YOU to capitalism. As such, it's a brilliant film and the ending makes complete sense.

I feel pretty daft for missing the point of the film so blatantly, but there it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                    I just don't know if I can endure that one.
                    Seen Glory? Seen Les Miserables? You can take this. It's not more visceral than it needs to be - its just more emotionally involving than those other things because the writing, acting and direction is impeccable.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Having never seen Glory nor the most recent musical to have a cinematic production, I think I'll pass.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• You haven't seen Glory?

"Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Never.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Me either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                              Never.
                              Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Me either.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• That makes three of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X