Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did like the interview I read where it came to light that Shia was apparently actually cutting his face because the make up looked "too fake" for him. I've always said I dig Shia, good to hear that he's not bad in this flick.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Rocky II. Not as good as Rocky.

Rocky III. Was my favorite as a kid, still think I prefer this one over 1 and 2 in terms of entertainment.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Dude, Rocky IV is the best ever.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
          My dad saw it, gave it an 8/10. Mentioned a certain scene dealing with cleaning out the tank. Yikes! He said it nailed all the technical stuff too.

Yes!
          And some great kills coming outta nowhere. There's also a good... 15-20 minute stretch where you think its going in a different direction altogether.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• BIG TROUBLE

I can see why the movie bombed. It's a disjointed mess of characters being thrown at a wall to create a series of goofy situations...some of it sticks (almost anything with Patrick Warburton), but most of it falls completely flat (almost everything with Tom Sizemore). At least it's fast paced.

OBLIVION

Didn't hate it. It's a decent premise and I the reveal of the twist with Cruise actually surprised me. The ending shits the bed a little bit by going very generic, but overall...I guess I kinda liked it. I don't ever need to see it again or anything, but it wasn't the utter piece of shit that I was expecting.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post

OBLIVION

Didn't hate it. It's a decent premise and I the reveal of the twist with Cruise actually surprised me. The ending shits the bed a little bit by going very generic, but overall...I guess I kinda liked it. I don't ever need to see it again or anything, but it wasn't the utter piece of shit that I was expecting.
              So goddamn hollow, but there's about 100 frames you could use for really great desktop wallpapers.

Comment

• Big Trouble is fucking great. :/

Comment

• Andy Richter for the win.

Comment

• Was that a goat?
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I also dig Jason Lee in that. Him and those fucking fritos.

Comment

• See, I thought he was terrible in it.

The movie is only 85 minutes long, which leads me to believe that it's been edited to within an inch of its life. I wonder what got deleted...probably all of the material that would have made the characters interesting...to say that there's 'no character development' would be an understatement.

I didn't hate it (I loved every frame of Patrick Warburton's involvement, and Dennis Farina is always great), but it felt like WACKY MOVIE TO BE WACKY.

Comment

• I can see that. I'm not sure why I dig it but I do. It's like a Looney Tunes version of Get Shorty.

Comment

• The film also sets up Tim Allen to be the MAIN CHARACTER WHO IS MAIN, and he has a smaller role than fucking Johnny Knoxville in the final edit. I have a feeling that almost all of his stuff got deleted to get it down to 85 minutes.

Nice to see that Sofia Vergara was smoking hot even back then. Good GOD.

Comment

• I've yet to see Oblivion....

( I know the twist)
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                I've yet to see Oblivion....

( I know the twist)
                                I'll be interested to hear what you think of it. The script needs another polish in terms of providing appropriate motivations for characters, and the ending kinda doesn't make any sense, but it has a solid premise, is fairly well acted, and looks pretty great.

Comment

Working...
                                X