Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's cool. I just thought the 3d was great and the fight scenes were dope. It was not a good movie. It could have been fun if like 45 mins were shaved out AND if the fucking Dinobots showed up like 20 mins in.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It's like they said, "let's take all the shit people hated and DOUBLE IT with worse writing!!"

Like in what universe does Marky Mark not scrote-punch Lucky charms for talking so much shit? And the god awful shit that came out of the boyfriends mouth? TERRIBAD. Add to that the shitty editing, 75 instances of the humans flying through the air in the middle of debris in a way that you KNOW they'd die yet coming out unscathed? I don't even think Marky Mark got the patented movie hero blood flow on one side of his face.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• THE WINTER SOLDIER- I still can't believe Marvel had the balls to make a political/spy thriller dressed up as a superhero movie. At this point I don't see that as a chance DC/WB would take. This is so good, from top to bottom.

THE PURGE- better than I bought it would be. I really liked the ending. I would really be interested in seeing the fallout and recovery from the purge, for that family or even just a city in general. And why did everyone immediately jump to murder? I guess if/when this happens in real life I'd be more interested in some moderate property damage than actually killing somebody.

Comment

• Winter Soldier. Loved it even more in the comfort of my apartment. Great looking blu and just one of the best Marvel movies. It may inch out Guardians but only by a bit. It's amazing that I give a shit about Captain America. Also, DEM FRONT KICKS. Still awesome

Godzilla - I know a bunch of people were on the fence about this one with either "IT WAS GREAT" or "NOT ENOUGH GODZILLA", but I really fucking liked this movie. A whole bunch. The fight scenes were good, I actually gave a shit about the humans (much more so than I was led to believe I was going to) and I am all about a sequel. Kind of wish I would have checked this out in the theater.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I rewatched CA: TWS over the weekend too. It really is a superior film in the superhero genre.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Watched Snowpiercer a few weeks ago (loved it) and John Carter for like the third time again this weekend ("It is good to fly!").
              <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Snowpiercer is good and Cap2 is a front kick of awesomeness.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• This is the End. I quite liked this. I rarely watch comedies anymore, being the curmudgeonly fuck that I am. "Attracted to the dark side", as a stripper friend once described me. Perhaps that's why I liked this as much as I did. As comedies go, this was pretty fucking dark. Decapitations, head crushings, damnation, cannibalism, demon rape. . . all played (successfully) for laughs. Everyone was good, but Gary Robinson stole the show. He had nearly every good line ("We only PRETEND to be hard! We soft! We soft as baby shit!" "You can't handle my midriff." "Y'all need this dick?" All had me chuckling). My wife came in halfway thru, just about the demon rape scene, and said: "Don't you think this is the dumbest movie ever?" I answered: "Yes. It's a comedy. It's supposed to be dumb." Given my penchant for horror movies and. . well. . . there WAS a demon onscreen at the time. . . she probably thought this was supposed to be a serious horror film that was just badly made. I don't think it improved the experience for her, but whatever. I liked it.

ETA: She was right about one thing; that ending was kind of lame.
                  I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• C-Tates as bottom bitch is still GOAT.

Comment

• Who the fuck is Gary Robinson?
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• hahaha.

Comment

• Currently watching Raiders of the Lost Ark, as Soderbergh has reworked it into black and white. But, he also stuck a bizarre score onto it to force you to watch the visuals. The cinematography is a fucking testament to Douglas Slocombe.

http://extension765.com/sdr/18-raiders
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• An American Werewolf in London. The movie that turned me from a kid watching Creature Features and the 4:30 Movie Monster Week marathons to a serious student of the horror genre. The movie that wigged me out at 14 (Snuck in to see it - R rated, y'know - then had to leave the neighborhood theater and make the walk home. At night. Full moon overhead. Yipe!).

Landis was on his game with this - nice mix of chills and comedy, the FX by Rick Baker still hold up for the most part, Griffin Dunne stealing every scene he's in, and Jen Agutter. OH, Jen Agutter. Crushed on her since Logan's Run and still get that warm, tingly feeling 33 years later.

If you haven't seen it, you should, or turn in your Horror Fan Club card. Iggy - this flick has a great "Holy shit! They killed KIDS!" scene with one of David's fever dreams. Brutal shit, especially for its time.

Comment

• I need to revisit "Werewolf". I recall very little of it, unfortunately. But I do recall I fucking loved it. Don't, however, remember the scene with the kids.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                Currently watching Raiders of the Lost Ark, as Soderbergh has reworked it into black and white. But, he also stuck a bizarre score onto it to force you to watch the visuals. The cinematography is a fucking testament to Douglas Slocombe.

http://extension765.com/sdr/18-raiders
                                The experiment is amazing to behold on mute.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X