Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
    NYMPHOMANIAC VOLUME II- yeah, Von Trier still hates humanity. Far less soul-crushing than MELANCHOLIA but still a downer. Gainsbourg and Skarsgaard are excellent.
    Originally posted by Lesley View Post
    Exactly. It was a decent movie to distract myself while on the plane though - made my flight seem quicker so that was nice!
    Out of context these two posts are hilarious.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Artifact - even if you don't like 30 seconds to mars I'd recommend this. The inner workings of the record industry are completely fascinating and it's told well in this. I was kind of floored at the ending in a sense but I really shouldn't have been I guess.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• A documentary on voice acting done by John DiMaggio. It's on Netflix, can't remember the name of it. It was good.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I think it's called I KNOW THAT VOICE.

13 SINS- pretty much like THE BRASS TEAPOT or CHEAP THRILLS but I found this one much more entertaining. I was a little let down that more of the overall conspiracy wasn't explained because I really liked what was touched on but the twists kept me engaged and the tests for the contestant ramped up nicely. Definitely worth a watch on the Instant.

Comment

• Pontypool - A lot of people seem to love this movie...and it has some cool ideas, but the whole "words are infected and turn you into a zombie so now kill means kiss so you're cured!" shit completely lost me.

Berbarian Sound Studio - I don't know what to make of this movie. It marketed itself as a horror film, but the only horror is dealing with an asshole producer and director. Toby Jones is amazing, as always, and you can see him cracking through the entire movie and I was hoping it lead to more. Worth watching for the incredible sound design, and watching how they make a bunch of the sound effects. The watermelon bit was great.

Comment

• THE STING

Still a pretty damned perfect movie.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                Pontypool - A lot of people seem to love this movie...and it has some cool ideas, but the whole "words are infected and turn you into a zombie so now kill means kiss so you're cured!" shit completely lost me.

Berbarian Sound Studio - I don't know what to make of this movie. It marketed itself as a horror film, but the only horror is dealing with an asshole producer and director. Toby Jones is amazing, as always, and you can see him cracking through the entire movie and I was hoping it lead to more. Worth watching for the incredible sound design, and watching how they make a bunch of the sound effects. The watermelon bit was great.
                I dug the atmosphere of Pontypool but the infected language deals was kind of meh.

Comment

• I guess YOU niggaz ain't never read Sutter Kane.
                  I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I'll take Pontypool over any generic zombie flick. It ain't perfect, but it's a noble attempt.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      I'll take Pontypool over any generic zombie flick. It ain't perfect, but it's a noble attempt.
                      I didn't dislike the film, just felt it needed some polish.

Comment

• I got what you said.

The language thing is indeed a bit botched, but I love the risks Pontypool or The Signal took over by-the-numbers zombie movies.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                          Artifact - even if you don't like 30 seconds to mars I'd recommend this. The inner workings of the record industry are completely fascinating and it's told well in this. I was kind of floored at the ending in a sense but I really shouldn't have been I guess.
                          Tried. Couldn't. Leto comes off veeeeeery douchey.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                            Tried. Couldn't. Leto comes off veeeeeery douchey.
                            Hmmmm, really? I didn't get that vibe at all. What was it in particular? Not that we have to agree but maybe I missed something.

Comment

• He just seemed terribly self important which is not a vibe I've gotten before.
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• It's the only vibe he's ever put out.

That is until he went and played the thespAIDS card.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X