Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haute Tension is overhyped. It's ok, but the ending sucked.

But Martyrs, that's the shit.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Sin City 2.

I feel like I have committed some sort of crime by paying to be assaulted in a public venue.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        So they were aliens? They did an absolute shit job explaining that.

And I like Paul. It's a fine minor comedy from those guys.
        I figured aliens because the testing was happening in multiple locations. I guess they might've been ghosts. It's been a while since I watched it.

Comment

• ESCAPE PLAN- an entertaining but supremely forgettable movie. I watched it this afternoon and barely remember what happened other than Jesus whispering all of his lines and Gomer Pyle using a weird voice.

Comment

• All The Boys Love Mandy Lane

It's well made, but the story is complete shit. Made no sense at all.

Comment

• The Innkeepers/House of the Devil

It seems Ti West sticks to one thing, build up lots of dread, then execute in the last 15 minutes. House did it better, as there was a lot more going on in the build up. Innkeepers had a great ending with "what's real and what's isn't." The dude could use a writing partner that keeps such long stretches of nooooooothing going on...and to make the scares scarier. House had some good scares and oh shit moments, Innkeepers was all about the ending, because the scares weren't scary at all.

Comment

• Sounds like "The Turn of the Screw" in cinematic format.
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                  Sounds like "The Turn of the Screw" in cinematic format.
                  Hit and miss. I don't hate Ti West, but I get why some despise him.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• THE UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY- don't. Just...don't.

BLUE RUIN- I love me the occasional revenge flick and this one is pretty darn good. There are a few scenes that are nice and tense and while the ending is predictable, it felt true to how the characters were set up.

NYMPHOMANIAC VOLUME I- I think because this was split in half the traditional Von Trier darkness is mitigated quite a bit. I found the only really difficult chapter to be the one with Uma Thurman. I'm going to watch VOLUME II tonight and assume I'll feel like I did after watching MELANCHOLIA- like setting myself on fire and jumping off a really tall suspension bridge.

Comment

• The sequels have never done it for me (save for the last one) but listening to Devin and Evan talk about them makes me want to re-visit the Rocky franchise.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I like the Rocky sequels. Like not love, but you kind of have to be in the mood to watch them. II and III have stretches that are just slow as fuck, IV I can watch all day and V does not exist. Because if it did, I'd steal that little fuckers room too. The bookends are fucking tremendous.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• On the airplane I watched Million Dollar Arm. It was OK - it wasn't bad but I'm glad I didn't pay for it. It was an interesting story (true story) about an agent looking for baseball players in India. Jon Hamm's character has started his own agency and it's not going well, so he thinks about how all of these countries have already had sport talent discovered and brought to the states except for India. He looks for cricket players in India and holds try outs to find pitchers. He eventually finds 2 boys that throw pretty decent and brings them to the states to learn the game and perfect their pitching. Of course Jon Hamm starts off as a bit of a selfish jerk just thinking of himself and he ends up caring more and being a better person blah blah blah (typical Jon Hamm). Anyway, if you like sports movies this might be worth checking out when it's on Netflix.
                          If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• So it's sports movie paint by the numbers storytelling? Late night no choice netflix it is then.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• NYMPHOMANIAC VOLUME II- yeah, Von Trier still hates humanity. Far less soul-crushing than MELANCHOLIA but still a downer. Gainsbourg and Skarsgaard are excellent.

Comment

• Exactly. It was a decent movie to distract myself while on the plane though - made my flight seem quicker so that was nice!
                                If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Working...
                                X