Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinnaman was perfectly fine and you basically have Keaton and Oldman playing themselves. This scene especially conveys that - incidentally my favorite scene in the remake. This also features a legit career-worst performance from Jackson.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      I dug Total Recall only because I divorced myself from both the PKD story AND the Arnie movie.

But the love for Keaton and Oldman has me interested. Will check it out on demand when it hits.

But it's bloodless? How in the fuck is that possible? Is he only shooting robots?
      Ben is wrong. It has no soul. It is downright pedestrian at best. Temper your expectations.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
        Um, ok. But it's pretty by the numbers for a 2nd generation Philip K Dick adaptation, is all I'm saying. When an Arnie film has more depth, you're in trouble.
        I can like whatever the fuck I want to Ben. YOU'RE NOT MY FATHER!!!

Are you?
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          This also features a legit career-worst performance from Jackson.
          That's big talk. He's not exactly good in it, but man has done some awful shit in his time.

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          Ben is wrong. It has no soul. It is downright pedestrian at best. Temper your expectations.
          That's bull, dude. No-one's saying it's anything like or anywhere near as good as the original. Shit, my WHOLE problem with it (lame 3rd act aside) is that they aped aspects of the original instead of striking out on their own. But there's a lot of effort gone into making the film relevant and more than just a string of action scenes. There's intelligence in the script, even if the execution is flawed. If anything, the film needed more action.

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
          I can like whatever the fuck I want to Ben. YOU'RE NOT MY FATHER!!!
          Sigh. All I'm saying is - just like the new RoboCop - Total Recall 2012 is only the second best Total Recall film. Like it all you want, it's not nostalgia saying that Verhoeven's film is better.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Robocop 2 is the second best Robocop film!

Comment

• Bull it's bull.

You're trying to justify it being a haphazard effort with maybe brief moments where it isn't a slog and trapped by its own making.

It's a failure like every other recent attempt at un-Verhoevening the world. It's toothless, says fuck all that is either interesting or novel at this point that hasn't been said countless times in other films and shows with better results.

It tries to be too many things and ends up short on all of it. How much are they paying you?

The only positive notes I have are that Keaton and Omar got paid to show up and it feeds people's families by existing.
              Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-04-2014, 12:22 PM.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Wait, Omar is in this? I'm on Team Ben. ROBOCOPS GOTS TO HAVE A CODE

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Wait, Omar is in this? I'm on Team Ben. ROBOCOPS GOTS TO HAVE A CODE
                  quickest turn ever
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    quickest turn ever
                    It is pretty disgusting.

Stand strong against crass studios going for extra turns at films that are better than them.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Omar is wasted. Spoiler: he's Lewis.

Look, I expected to hate it and avoided it on principle when it was released. And I was pleasantly surprised, with reservations. So, yeah, temper expectations for sure. Compared to some of the horror remakes we've had (The Fog, NOES) this is in a different league. I would not say that Padilha embarrassed himself by any means - it just reeks of tinkering and compromise.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Totally watching this tomorrow.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                          Omar is wasted. Spoiler: he's Lewis.

Look, I expected to hate it and avoided it on principle when it was released. And I was pleasantly surprised, with reservations. So, yeah, temper expectations for sure. Compared to some of the horror remakes we've had (The Fog, NOES) this is in a different league. I would not say that Padilha embarrassed himself by any means - it just reeks of tinkering and compromise.
                          You can google details on how badly Padilha was fucked with on the movie. That being said, it's still pretty terrible. Not worst movie ever terrible, but no reason to be made terrible.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I'll catch it when it's on Instant or cable. Did they have a Jones/Morton face-off in the remake?

Comment

• Nah. No Dick Jones or Old Man or Bob Morton, for that matter. Keaton is the source of all sleaze.

Comment

• I'll watch it because I have a sweet spot for Keaton but I'm sure it's going to be terrible.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X