Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good to know. WILL WATCH.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Amazing Spider-Man 2.

This has the best Spidey of all the movies. Pound for pound, Giraffeman is just in top form in and out of the suit.

The other strong point to the show is the Pete/Gwen stuff.

And then there's all the other stuff. Moments of cool with a side of hilarious hackneyed bullshit.

My favorite "what the fuck" moment was during Electro's debut, where he's accompanied by a Greek chorus played by Linkin Park. He is backed by a fucking wubwub symphony for nearly the entire film. The runner up goes to the cartoon German mad scientist at Ravencroft.

For all the bad juju I had going into it, I left satisfied (and somewhat depressed).
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
        HERE COMES THE DEVIL- uh, this starts with a completely unnecessary scissoring scene. I thought I had hit the button on BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR instead. Anyway, this movie freaked me right the hell out. I can watch horror stuff like Jason, Freddy, etc all day long and not be fazed but I can't deal with possession and satanic stuff. And the ending? Man. I really liked it.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          Amazing Spider-Man 2.

This has the best Spidey of all the movies. Pound for pound, Giraffeman is just in top form in and out of the suit.

The other strong point to the show is the Pete/Gwen stuff.

And then there's all the other stuff. Moments of cool with a side of hilarious hackneyed bullshit.

My favorite "what the fuck" moment was during Electro's debut, where he's accompanied by a Greek chorus played by Linkin Park. He is backed by a fucking wubwub symphony for nearly the entire film. The runner up goes to the cartoon German mad scientist at Ravencroft.

For all the bad juju I had going into it, I left satisfied (and somewhat depressed).
          super psyched for this on Sunday.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I saw it in Robovision. There's one part that melted my fucking brain that was just straight up badass but I will refrain from describing it until someone else here has seen the thing.

Also, stay for a random-ass X-MEN scene during the credits.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• yep, we're seeing it in 3d as well. GOD I CAN'T WAIT. Garfield is awesome.

Comment

• Caught the last hour of HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON. I've never seen it before and missed all the training montages but, man, this is really good. I don't remember kids movies being this epic back in my day.

Comment

• Wife and kids went and saw spidey 2 electro's boogaloo and they seemed to all enjoy it. I kept the 2 year old at home to repay getting to see Cap2 opening weekend.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                    Caught the last hour of HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON. I've never seen it before and missed all the training montages but, man, this is really good. I don't remember kids movies being this epic back in my day.
                    It's the goods. watch the whole thing sometime and it'll become a favorite.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Blue is the Warmest Colour

Amazing. Very intense portrait of the life cycle of a first love with the added anguish of it being a same sex relationship for someone that hitherto didn't know they were gay. Lea Seydoux is excellent as the object of affection and the intellectual half of the relationship, but Adele Exarchopoulos is extraordinary in the lead. One of the most natural performances I've seen in some time. She's the emotional half and the younger of the two and what starts out as confusion over new feelings turns to obsession and dependence and eventually emptiness. It's a remarkable performance.

The whole thing is oh so French, with extended conversations about philosophy and love and the power of the female orgasm (think the conversations between Auteuil, Cassell and Bellucci as they walk around the city in Irreversible) but I loved all that stuff too. There's also probably about a half hour total of Seydoux and Exarchopoulos pretty much fucking. This is explicit stuff - don't be fooled by the standard 'stunt performers' party line, these girls are fully exposed and intimate with one another for real - and threatens to cross the line into exploitative titillation a couple of times. It just about gets away with it because the emotions involved are fed by what we know of the characters already and the way in which they make love then informs the characters they become. I found them to be deeply erotic and it doesn't hurt that you have two red hot girls really going at it, I won't lie...

All in all, I thought this was excellent and highly recommend it, provided you like the Gallicness of it all. In French the title is 'La Vie d'Adele - Chapitres 1 & 2', which is intriguing given how the film ends. I'd be curious to know if the director is planning on doing a Linklater and catching up with these characters a few years down the line. In the meantime, I'm pretty much going to see anything Exarchopoulos is in next.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Blue Ruin

I spent a weekend watching blue movies apparently... It's good, but I didn't love it. Macon Blair is excellent in the lead and it spends more time on the damage revenge causes than a lot of films of its type, but the Coen comparisons don't do it any favours. The dialogue is very spare and concise and Saulnier is worth watching, as is the film. It's just no Blood Simple.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• THE DIRTIES- I think this was maybe trying to say something about bullies but it got muddled by the end and was more of a "hey, this poor kid has mental problems" thing. The last five minutes was pretty tense, though.

Comment

• Holy shit was Knights of Badassdom fucking terrible. SO BAD.

Comment

• WE'RE THE MILLERS

I'm not sure if it was low expectations or what, but I thought that this was one of the funniest movies that I've seen in a long time. The wife and I laughed really, really hard at this.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I was the opposite. It felt like it tried really hard and it didn't do that much for me. I did enjoy the nutsack spider part though. That kid sold that.

Comment

Working...
                                X