Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrix Revolutions. Man that last battle is draining. sooooo draining. Lesley really liked it I'm still pretty indifferent to it except for a few parts (Club Hell scene, Oracle meeting Smith, Smith/Neo final fight)
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Calvary

A masterpiece. Avoid reviews, because they'll mention a performance that ruins the reveal. Just know that it's a massive step up from The Guard for McDonagh and Gleeson, with fantastic performances throughout (especially a beautiful, heartbreaking Kelly Reilly) and reduced me to tears several times. Poetic, emotional, relevant and still darkly witty, I'd be shocked if I prefer a film I see this year.
      Last edited by Ben Thomas; 04-19-2014, 03:56 PM.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Alien Abduction.

I guess this is in theaters right now or something. I've never heard of it but had to check it out. Another entry in the "found footage" genre even though it's the least "found footage" looking (which was lame because the hook they had could have been used much more but it just kind of petered out) and has way too many cuts yet this movie has a ton of awesome ideas. It's just a shame that like 3 parts worked really well while the rest didn't.

I mentioned to Lesley that it may be time to dust off my old alien abduction screenplay because I have a feeling that aliens will be the new zombies here soon.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Inside Lou N. Davis

Didn't see the point. I really wanted to like it, but it just didn't do much for, a couple of the musical interludes aside. Oscar Isaac is great, though.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Flight via the flix of net. Such a disjointed mess. While parts of it work the whole point of the movie seems muddled as fuck. On one hand they make being a drunk and doing coke to even out seem kind of fun through Denzel and John Goodman just chewing up scenery but then at the end you're hit with the after school special spiel and it just feels so fucking false and unearned.

That said I'd totes buy blow from John Goodman and I've never even tried it.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              Alien Abduction.

I guess this is in theaters right now or something. I've never heard of it but had to check it out. Another entry in the "found footage" genre even though it's the least "found footage" looking (which was lame because the hook they had could have been used much more but it just kind of petered out) and has way too many cuts yet this movie has a ton of awesome ideas. It's just a shame that like 3 parts worked really well while the rest didn't.

I mentioned to Lesley that it may be time to dust off my old alien abduction screenplay because I have a feeling that aliens will be the new zombies here soon.
              How was the soundtrack? The guy from the Dillinger Escape Plan scored it, so I am curious to check it out.
              Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• I don't really remember the soundtrack for the most part. The sound design was pretty decent though.

Comment

• Nebraska

Loved it. It took a good 40 minutes to get going, but it's really great from that point on. Funny and gentle and it didn't step over the line into maudlin or opt for a pointlessly sentimental ending. Payne hasn't made a bad film yet. This is somewhere above The Descendants but just short of About Schmidt.

Comment

• Grand Budapest Hotel.

Fiennes was wonderful. Brody should play the villain more often. Wes Anderson's charm is running on fumes.

There was a distinct lack of development in the relationships of the characters, their place of work and occupation, all the usual hallmarks of a Wes Anderson film. In their stead were silly action beats and rote characterization for all but Fiennes and his protegè (who was about as charismatic as an outhouse wall).
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• THE STATION AGENT.

Wanted to see this for a long time but never got around to it. The wife heard about it from someone and brought it up to me, so yeah...onto Netflix we go.

Amazing. A thoroughly entertaining character study of three very, very lonely people who happen to befriend one another. I get why it's so highly regarded.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The Heat

It was okay. Fun. Didn't waste my time watching it.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          The Heat

It was okay. Fun. Didn't waste my time watching it.
                          Pretty much exactly my reaction. It's one of those kleenex films: it serves its purpose and then you dispose of it without a second thought.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I've heard people rave about The Heat. I genuinely laughed more watching Identity Thief.

The Heat does have Bill Burr and Tom Wilson though, so it wins on points.

Comment

• Yeah, I loved watching Burr and Biff.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                THE STATION AGENT.

Wanted to see this for a long time but never got around to it. The wife heard about it from someone and brought it up to me, so yeah...onto Netflix we go.

Amazing. A thoroughly entertaining character study of three very, very lonely people who happen to befriend one another. I get why it's so highly regarded.
                                SOooooooooooooo good.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X