Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
    They earned that love, Anderson. Chevy was an asshole before Vacation.

If the Vacations hadn't been what they were, I never would have gotten Randy as Elijah C. Skuggs nor as Russell Case. And I don't want to live in a world where neither occurred.

Matt, my brother.
    Chevy was an asshole beforehand, sure. But, Vacation made him an asshole with clout.

Randy Quaid was doing better work before either Skuggs or Case.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      I liked all three of the Ocean's movies pretty interchangeably.
      I have to say, I love 12 just for being so... anti-blockbuster. SO many people hated it, it's become kind of a movie geek litmus test. If you liked it, its like being in on a secret joke.

But yes, I think they're all equally entertaining and I'd rarely skip them when they're on TV. I just love the balls of the second one.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The first one was cute. 12 is amazing.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The first one works the best on paper. The second one is Soderbergh's worst movie. The third is just blah.

I used to really love the second one, but time and a discerning taste has shown it for what it is. A film powered by the collective ego of its cast.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• but the collective ego of a cast that is having a blast.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              but the collective ego of a cast that is having a blast.
              I watch films for narrative, not for Clooney and his fuckwit pals blowing $100 million of WB's money.

Such self indulgent tripe. Don't even get me started on Cassel's Eurotrash boogie through the lasers.

Comment

• BEST SOUNDTRACK

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  The second one is Soderbergh's worst movie.
                  Hate on it all you want, but you're not doing your case any favours with this statement.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Sodaburgers worst is Full Frontal.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I hated 12 on my first viewing. It totally clicked for me when I watched it a second time.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I had no idea people didn't like 12. I LOVE 12. So much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                          Hate on it all you want, but you're not doing your case any favours with this statement.

I don't need your permission to hate something, my hatred is the stuff that drives men mad.

That being said, Full Frontal and Ocean's 12 are both cut from the same cloth. Both are ego driven puff pieces that want to merge the director's indie tastes with an inflated sense of worth given to his cast. A director shouldn't kowtow to Hollywood's brightest in order to make something different.

A director as an auteur is to know their singular vision to be true.

SHORT VERSION:

Ocean's 12 and Full Frontal are both Soderbergh's worst. But, Ocean's 12 wins by a nose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            BEST SOUNDTRACK
                            But what is the best Soderbergh film soundtrack?

Comment

• Magic Mike.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                                But what is the best Soderbergh film soundtrack?

Out of Sight or The Informant.

Comment

Working...
                                X