Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's cool. Why's it such a fave if you don't mind my asking?

It's because of Korean Bill Hicks, isn't it?
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
      . It is certainly his masterpiece.
      I always thought Platoon was his masterpiece. It's a much more compact, moral and yet morally ambiguous film. Violent, poignant and terrifying by turns. Star studded cast. THE best Tom Berenger performance ever, and one of the best from Willem Dafoe. Charlie Sheen before he went crazy (publicly, anyway). My favorite of the unofficial "Vietnam Trilogy", even a nose ahead of Full Metal Jacket.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
        I always thought Platoon was his masterpiece. It's a much more compact, moral and yet morally ambiguous film. Violent, poignant and terrifying by turns. Star studded cast. THE best Tom Berenger performance ever, and one of the best from Willem Dafoe. Charlie Sheen before he went crazy (publicly, anyway). My favorite of the unofficial "Vietnam Trilogy", even a nose ahead of Full Metal Jacket.
        I'm with Iggy on this one, not that there isn't room for disagreement, but totes prefer Platoon in so many ways.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
          I'm with Iggy on this one, not that there isn't room for disagreement, but totes prefer Platoon in so many ways.

In terms of teh greatness.

Salvador
          JFK
          Heaven and Earth
          then
          Platoon.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I really need to revisit Heaven and Earth.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Mostly kidding.

Comment

• Yeah, never saw HEAVEN AND EARTH either. That being said, I have a major soft spot for the truly underrated NIXON. That was a phenomenal movie.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                  That's cool. Why's it such a fave if you don't mind my asking?

It's because of Korean Bill Hicks, isn't it?
                  Oh Dae Su is part of it for sure, but I like how utterly fucking ridiculous it is. Starts off making you think it's going to be a horror movie, then you get Korean James Bond/Bruce Lee going Super Saiyan, then shit just keeps getting worse and worse in ways other Korean movies don't come close to touching...and the entire time I was either cracking up or squirming from what I saw. And it's beautiful to look at as well, maybe the prettiest Korean movie not named Lady Vengeance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Yeah, never saw HEAVEN AND EARTH either. That being said, I have a major soft spot for the truly underrated NIXON. That was a phenomenal movie.
                    Nixon only has 1 problem. That is...it came out after JFK.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Troy/Jamie: What's the latest buzz on upcoming movies?
                      300: RISE OF THE EMPIRE
                      NON-STOP
                      Anything else that you know of.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Troy/Jamie: What's the latest buzz on upcoming movies?
                        300: RISE OF THE EMPIRE
                        NON-STOP
                        Anything else that you know of.

I'm on the WB ban list from reviewing 300. Seriously.

Non-Stop = not banned from early screening. I just haven't had a screening scheduled at a time where I could attend.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          Oh Dae Su is part of it for sure, but I like how utterly fucking ridiculous it is. Starts off making you think it's going to be a horror movie, then you get Korean James Bond/Bruce Lee going Super Saiyan, then shit just keeps getting worse and worse in ways other Korean movies don't come close to touching...and the entire time I was either cracking up or squirming from what I saw. And it's beautiful to look at as well, maybe the prettiest Korean movie not named Lady Vengeance.
                          I get where you're coming from. It did seem to switch genre for fun. The Home Alone moment was pretty sublime.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                            I'm on the WB ban list from reviewing 300. Seriously.
                            Details!!!!

Comment

Details!!!!
                              I wasn't nice about Man of Steel, the current shenanigans or Snyder in general.

Comment

• Heaven and Earth is nowhere near Stone's best films. It's melodramatic and faintly silly in the final reel. Just doesn't work the way it should.

I have plenty of love for Platoon and NBK. I just can't take Sheen seriously in anything and he brings down Platoon for me.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X