Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
    Why is it inexcusable?
    Because the movie is incredibly well constructed up until that point. When it comes to the ending, you have odd jump cuts that make absolutely no sense ruin the pacing of the sequence. Also, the Tooth Fairy has shown a certain degree of intelligence up until this point in the film, and the way that it all resolves betrays his intelligence. RED DRAGON, for all of its issues, never betrays the intelligence of the Tooth Fairy and allows him to pull off the switch at the end and almost get away with it.

Also, no Inna Gadda Da Vida.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• For some raisin, it never really bothered me how he breaks suddenly. Nor the song choice. It was pretty bizarre and disjointed, but the only moment that felt over the top (this is saying something) is the defenestration of Casa de Tooth.

It might be disappointing, but it is hardly inexcusable. Unless we're on the internet -- then it becomes a crime against huge manatee.
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-02-2014, 11:43 AM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I dunno. The ending feels like there needs to be inserts saying 'scene missing' every few seconds. It's a step down in quality.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I feel ya. It's definitely a product of a different age.

Certainly a step up from Mann's previous outing in The Keep, that's for sure, but it showed signs of that venture's disjointed storytelling.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The thing is, the film is totally on rails up until that ending. It's incredibly disappointing.

Comment

• Yeah, I went in expecting something like the showdown in Thief, but got "EIGHTIES, BITCH!" instead.

I enjoyed it nonetheless.

As for Red Dragon, Norton's Toothmom talk was just not very good. If only Petersen had done the same with his ridiculous Chicagoan accent in Manhunter. I'd have guffawed for seconds.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                X3- I actually really fucking enjoyed this go around. Maybe it's because we watched all three X flicks in 2 days, but I didn't really have any issues with this minus the fact they killed Cyclops off screen and no one seems to give a shit.
                I cared, Princess. I cared. Cyke was always my favorite X-man. Just really dig his power. And he gets like ZERO to do except shoot some water and get his visor stolen by Toad in the entire series before going out like a chump. I was PISSED when I 1st saw that.

And Manhunter is a vastly superior film to Red Dragon. I liked the whole disjointed, psychedelic feel of the ending. In a Gadda Da VIDA indeed. I've only ever wanted to watch my Red Dragon DVD once. It just doesn't inspire me. I may have to revisit it and see if I still feel as meh about it. Norton was insipid, and Hopkins wasted.
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  No one has really nailed down Red Dragon yet. Ratner got a lot closer than Mann. Yeah, I went there.

But, Ratner made a really fucking good episode of Law & Order and not the book.
                  I'll co-sign this. Norton is miscast and all the extra material with Lector and Chilton is just filler bullshit.
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Finished off the X Men flicks with First Class yesterday. Still awesome and probably my favorite of them all.

that being said, has it ever been mentioned why Professor X never once in any of the first 3 X flicks mention the fact he fucking grew up with Mystique? That and Wolverine showing up (fan service only) are the only things that bug me. Well that and Darwin going out like a punk. I wish we would have seen him a bit more.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I think Anderson distilled X-3 very nicely; it is a mess of Spider-Man 3 proportions. The latter, while muddled, at least had a charming musical montage and a somewhat interesting climax for its central trio. The former had some fun moments, but it mostly just had characters.

Obviously Grammer was brilliant, though.

Bachelorette (2012)
                      Hugely enjoyable. Funny throughout, well-observed, and filled with great performances. I also thought it did a fine job of providing all the necessary raunchy/satirical humour without relying on incessant crass nonsense, like Bridesmaids - a film I'm loathe to mention because Bachelorette is so much better it's almost ridiculous.
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• At least Spiderman 3 has that fuckingly retarded yet really charming dance number.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• X3 is much more fun to watch than Spidey 3 IMO.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            Yeah, and there was a deleted scene before the Professor gets killed that had Jean and him psychic battling it out in their minds that explained the Phoenix thing a bit more. Really not sure why they removed it.
                            Because Brett Ratner is a talentless moron?

Comment

• he's not that abd. He's not great, but he's not talentless. X3 is a much better movie than X1.

Comment

• I respect X1 as the one movie that started it all. It's clunky, but it sure ain't a shit show like X3.

Comment

Working...
                                X