Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAVAGES

It was...ok, I guess. It lacked the spark of the book, and the ending (or rather, the second ending) killed the whole point of the novel. Hard to believe that this was an Oliver Stone movie...it could have been John Badham for all of the visual flair that it (didn't) have.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Jeff, Who Lives at Home

I tried to start watching Premium Rush (couldn't get into it) and This Is 40 (hated all the characters, especially Leslie Mann) so gave this a go and, while slight, I thought it was rather charming. Jason Segel is excellent as a slightly dim-witted slacker and the rest of the cast (Ed Helms, Susan Sarandon, Judy Greer, Rae Dawn Chong) are all fine too. It's not as funny as Cyrus, but it was satisfactorily effective on an emotional level. Another mid-level winner from Jay and Mark Duplass, as long as you know what you're in for.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• That's a pretty good movie. But Premium Rush is the tits.

Comment

• This is 40 is terrible. But Premium Rush is HORRIBLE...but in a great way. Especially if you watch the movie with the mindset that it was made in the early 90's. Also, nothing is more entertaining than JGL's "super power".
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'm not writing Premium Rush off - I've been very ill and just wasn't in the mood for that film. I'll give it another go cos JGL is awesome as fuck and I didn't even get to see Micheal Shannon.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Re watched MAN OF STEEL. Still annoyed by the pointless manner of killing Pa Kent and annoyed (but thoroughly entertained) by the wanton destruction if Smallville and Metropolis. Cavill is good but I still would've liked to have seen Routh get a better shot than CreepyStalkerman.

Comment

• Insidious 2.

I enjoyed that it pulled a Back to the Future II and I found young Lin Shaye really fucking hot.

I enjoyed it more than the first (which I loved until they hit The Further) but the big twist was completely not a twist.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Wall Street Shitbagapalooza.

Laughed hard and long throughout. Marty and co. knocked this fucker outta the park.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Sinbad (Harryhausen Trilogy).

Used it to time out my LED light setup. I've got work to do. Movies are still good.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• GOLDEN VOYAGE is still one of my alltime favorites.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                        Sinbad (Harryhausen Trilogy).

Used it to time out my LED light setup. I've got work to do. Movies are still good.

Comment

• The Last Crusade on blu. Still a fun flick and I wish River Phoenix didn't OD. His young Indy is still the best thing ever.

Comment

• BRICK- I think I liked the direction more than the story. JGL sure is good, though.

SIGHTSEERS- pretty damn bizarre but entertaining. The ending is fantastic.

Comment

• Loved Sightseers. One of the funniest films of 2012.

I re-watched Man of Steel on blu. And honestly, a lot of my problems with it didn't register. I LOVE Zimmer's score and the majority of the film looks beautiful. Cavill and Adams are solid, Crowe is excellent and the first 20 minutes is still the most awesome looking thing a blockbuster put on a big screen this year.

It's the second best Superman film yet made in my opinion, for what that's worth.

Comment

• the first 20 mins makes me want a legit fantasy style He-Man flick so fucking bad.

No Earth bullshit and no explaining everything. Make it like Krypton and I would be soooo happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X