Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AND LITTLE LAMBS EAT IIIIIIIIIIIIIIVYYYYYYYYYYYY

Ray Wise is the fucking man.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
      Now, now, Jamie's good peeps. Dude even friended me on FB playing Avenger's Alliance. I owe many Shwarmas and SHIELD points to the man.

Jeepers Creepers 2

Caught this around 5 AM this morning. A formulaic Ten Little Indians kind of follow-up to the far more interesting original. Some decent kills, nice bit of tension, but wasn't too sorry to see some characters go (majority were meathead jocks akin to some I went to high school with, so my inner teen was engorged with a fair amount of glee at some dispatchings). Still trying to figure out why Ms. Blonde Girl just happened to have prophetic dreams about the Creeper and his feeding schedule, but chalked it up to writing hackery 101.

Good to kill some time with, not a keeper, despite my man crush on Ray Wise.
      Pretty much all of this, but considering how strong the 1st one was, this one couldn't heklp but fall short. I just didn;t think it'd fall THIS far short.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
        Detention

Holyshitballs, that was unexpectedly awesome. A wittily retarded mix of Scream, Heathers, Scott Pilgrim, Freaky Friday, Mean Girls and Donnie Darko, heavily referencing Road House and Back to the Future and all blended with Red Bull. Such good fun.

Only missed opportunities: Dane Cook was lame - someone like Paul Rudd would have owned that character; I wanted end credits that freeze framed each character with their actor's name. It's that sort of film.
        Fucking LOVE that movie.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I could not fucking stand Detention. At all.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
            Seed of Chucky

Good fun, if not quite as great as Bride of Chucky. I'm intrigued to see what the latest is like now - Mancini has said that it's a much more straightforward horror film, almost a reboot, as they'd done all the meta stuff between the previous two. Seed had exactly the end credits I wanted Detention to have.

Seed was so bad. SO BAD.

Curse was actually decent, if not really slow. It takes about 45 mins before Chucky does anything, but once he does it's pretty great.

And it's a reboot/remake/sequel and is weird as fuck in the last 20 mins.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Seed of Chucky was fine for a Sunday afternoon watch. It didn't violate or annoy me and Jennifer Tilly is always watchable.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Seed just has the problem of not being particularly good in execution or having any decent kills. It's just so meh. I also could not stand the hobbit's voice coming out of Glen.

That being said, yes, watching Tilly is never not a bad thing.

Comment

• John Waters was legit.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I love John Waters, but the cg was so bad during his kill. I dunno, I just thought it was a really boring movie for such a ridiculous conceit.

Comment

• Goddamn you Ben now I wanna rewatch Detention!
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Maniac Remake (thanks US netflix instant!)

Agreed with others about the break in First Person perspective during the flashbacks. Some of the scalpings were pretty gnarly, liked how they recreated the image of the original poster in the car reflection at one point.

Was disappointed they didn't do the part where maniac runs up on a car hood with a shotgun and nukes Tom Savini's head from orbit (the only way to be sure), but overall it was a solid remake.
                        XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• The last time I was here (hard to believe it's been months already), I was inadvertently drawing a mixture of derision and pity for my aversion to a certain popular film franchise in which people with impressive teeth race expensive cars against a variety of vehicles also driven by attractive people. Well, I'd just like to say - very belatedly - that yes, I unsuccessfully attempted to watch the most recent of these movies, so my criticism of them is based on at least some exposure to it; and no, I don't plan to see any more of them...

Unless Carey Mulligan makes an unexpected cameo in the next one!

Now, since it's been a little while, I'll do a brief recap of my recent viewing:

The Hunger Games (2012)
                          I put this on half expecting to switch it off before the end, but it more than held my interest with its fun if unremarkable blend of pop art feminism. The film succeeds largely due to strong performances from most of the principals and a surprisingly intense second half when things start getting violent. My biggest complaint would be all the sub Frank Herbert alternate nomenclature (Peeta, I presume, instead of Peter, etc) and a dependance on Prequel-esque CG to realize the surroundings; this stuff not only wasn't convincing, it actually became distractingly arch/bland at times. Nonetheless, 3 stars.

Stoker (2013)
                          Boy... I wanted to love this. I really, really did. But despite some fine work from Creepy Uncle Charlie, Daria Gone Wrong, and a fine aesthetic, it felt like an often beautiful but ultimately rather lightweight look at something which could have been an instant multi-genre cult classic. More of a focus on character and fewer symbolic leg spiders, perhaps.

The Colour of Money (1986)
                          I've seen it several times (and The Hustler once) over the last few months, and I could happily go back for more right now. The way Newman slowly relaxes into his old, almost forgotten self is wonderful. Great script. Lovely juxtaposition of the dank pool halls with all the Marty-isms. That soundtrack. Yeah, I better stop before this turns into an essay. Superb stuff.

The Funhouse (1981)
                          The Dumbhouse.
                          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Hunger games 3 stars but no love for Fast? DEAD.2.ME.*

*cinematically speaking that is.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Games was so aggressively uninteresting. Nothing about it was appealing beyond the admittedly lecherous appeal of Lawrence in tight clothes. The lack of any truly abhorrent end to anyone left the whole Tiger Beat gladiatorial combat idea feeling about as dangerous as a game of freeze tag.

They needed their Angel Face. They needed Jared Leto getting his face rearranged. Or in this case, everyone in the film not named Woody Harrelson.
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-22-2013, 04:35 PM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Kind of agree with Russ. I didn't hate it, but it was just there. Disposable as fuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X