Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a buddy of mine put it best: It was more fun than the first. He's spot on. This felt like a grownup "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark". The bookeneds were stupid (but the gore was good at the end) but this was the most fun I've had with an anthology in awhile. Lesley and I were just yelling at the tv most of the time like "OH SHIT LOOK BEHIND YOU!" "YOU GONNA DIE!" shit like that.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      Lesley and I were just yelling at the tv most of the time like "OH SHIT LOOK BEHIND YOU!" "YOU GONNA DIE!" shit like that.
      [insert] that's racist.gif [/insert]
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• "Dat's racist" imho
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Rerb's a misogynist! He liked VHS! 1 AND 2! *[Punches Self in Crotch]*
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• UPSTREAM COLOR is something else. I'm not sure what I think about it yet, other than Carruth makes challenging movies.

Comment

• Watched V/H/S/2 again last night with Ceej. He dug it as well. He likes the first more (more horrific) but also agreed that this one is way more fun.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Upstream Color

Man. I have no idea.

Comment

• Sure you do.

Interspecies psychic imprints bro

Rubber dinghy rapids bro
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Seeking a Friend For The End of The World

Can we just take a minute and think about how insane it is that a studio bankrolled this? A very good cast, great script, very smart and honest emotionally in a way most studios are afraid of. And pulled no punch at the end. Mothafuckers burnt the fuck up. Glad I watched it, but don't need to do it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      Seeking a Friend For The End of The World

Can we just take a minute and think about how insane it is that a studio bankrolled this? A very good cast, great script, very smart and honest emotionally in a way most studios are afraid of. And pulled no punch at the end. Mothafuckers burnt the fuck up. Glad I watched it, but don't need to do it again.

Here's the thing about it. Focus picked up half the costs, while the other production companies ate the rest.

Universal has such a fucked relationship with Focus, yet they are always willing to mooch off of them come Awards time.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Behind the Candelabra AKA MY CHEEKBONES HURT

Matt Damon was pretty fucking awesome, but Michael Douglas rocked this shit hard.

Probably due to the poppers.

Special shout out to Dan Aykroyd roleplaying Elliot Gould.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          Watched V/H/S/2 again last night with Ceej. He dug it as well. He likes the first more (more horrific) but also agreed that this one is way more fun.
                          This one was not exactly a "fun" one. Everything was still very much a telegraphed experience, predicated on the same gimmickry and panic that it lost all impact after the initial campsite zombonery (which I will admit was hilarious). The found footage gimmick is just too weak to carry thing for a theatrical runtime.

The execution was unbelievably lazy. It's almost as if the spirit of Ti West permeated the runtime (it was not good).
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-09-2013, 12:15 AM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• hurm. It can't rain all the time.

I can't believe at the very least you didnt' enjoy the "papa" sequence.

Sorry you were so disappointed.

Comment

• I feel as if you put too much credence into the "found footage" shit, and that kills all of it for you. Whereas I look past the stupid "OH MAH GAWD IF I WATCH THESE IN ORDER MY BRAIN WILL BLEED AND I WILL TRY KILL YOU" framework and enjoy these as short stories, which I know defeats the purpose of these flicks but it is what it is.

Comment

• I was off my face when I watched it (and later posted about it) so it probably didn't exactly enhance my experience.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X