Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravity.

gotdamn. Gotdamn so much. I want 20 hours (minimum) of behind the scenes of this.

Spoiler: super spoilers 
    I almost hated the movie when Batman showed up again and opened the hatch and her head didn't explode. I honestly thought that was a real sequence and was upset at the fact her head didn't explode. But since it was a dream sequence it was a nice breather if only for a few minutes.

This better win some technical awards because, fuck.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• /xpost from FB

The People Under The Stairs.

this movie gets super creepy and sexual at the end. I do not remember that. Also, Fool releasing the kids from under the stairs isn't all that great. What chance do they have at a normal life? It's not like they would be able to get a job at Taco Bell...Also, the ending. It needs to be talked about.
        Spoiler: spoilers 
      The neighborhood sees the creepy white lady threaten the old black man with a gun, girl falls through the ceiling on top of the creepy lady, house blows up, and paper money falls from the sky with absolutely no burn marks on it. Not to mention the mutants walking through the crowd. Does the neighborhood care? Nope. Just gotta get that money.

Such a weird movie that I still enjoy, but jesus it's just so weird and not at all like I remembered it.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Wes Craven is definitely not from the 'hood.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Abraham Smashington;329024]/xpost from FB

The People Under The Stairs.

this movie gets super creepy and sexual at the end. I do not remember that. Also, Fool releasing the kids from under the stairs isn't all that great. What chance do they have at a normal life? It's not like they would be able to get a job at Taco Bell...Also, the ending. It needs to be talked about.
            Spoiler: spoilers 
          The neighborhood sees the creepy white lady threaten the old black man with a gun, girl falls through the ceiling on top of the creepy lady, house blows up, and paper money falls from the sky with absolutely no burn marks on it. Not to mention the mutants walking through the crowd. Does the neighborhood care? Nope. Just gotta get that money.

Such a weird movie that I still enjoy, but

The entire film was a paper thin take on Reaganomics and the racial implications of it.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I read their nonplussed reactions as due to the Klopeks living there previously.

Nadine and Ed in 2014.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Martyrs

Still not sure what to make of this. It's one of the most horrific things I've ever seen, but it might just be brilliant. Think I can go without seeing it a third time though.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I've read about that film and have absolutely zero desire to see it. Not for me at all.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That's how I feel about A Serbian Film.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• And the Human Centipede films, for that matter.

Comment

• Human Centipede is a cartoon. Martyrs is....not.

Comment

• I've never heard of this flick. Just watched the trailer. Totally want to see this now.

Comment

• Eat beforehand.

This message brought to you by BAD IDEAS LTD.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• HAXAN
                            THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI
                            UN CHIEN ANDALOU

Didn't care for HAXAN (was pretty bored, frankly), but the other two were still pretty cool to watch. UN CHIEN ANDALOU was particularly popular with my wife for some reason...
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              HAXAN
                              THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI
                              UN CHIEN ANDALOU

Didn't care for HAXAN (was pretty bored, frankly), but the other two were still pretty cool to watch. UN CHIEN ANDALOU was particularly popular with my wife for some reason...

The Phantom Carriage is much better than Haxan.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                                Martyrs

Still not sure what to make of this. It's one of the most horrific things I've ever seen, but it might just be brilliant. Think I can go without seeing it a third time though.
                                Yep. That second part is... wow. People kept comparing this and À l'intérieur. Fuck that, À L'intérieur is retardedly bad. The mood is great, but it's so retarded.

While Martyrs has gigantic balls. That 3rd act alone is more shocking to me than A Serbian Film (who was so fucking over-the-top that it went cartoonish). I was so shocked that it went that direction, and yet, it is one of the most haunting movies I've ever seen. Some people might hate it, but I fucking loved it. Not sure I'll ever watch it again, but still. I wasn't really, but in the end, it's actually brilliant.

"Doutez, Étienne!"
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X