Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've met that kid before. Not him specifically, but those like him. Scum. Subhuman scum.

And they don't hand out oxys like Pez.

Dehaan was fantastic though.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Stand By Me.

Never saw it as a kid. Never read the novella.

Just watched it last night along with the rest of those films I rattled off earlier.

Flat out amazing. Remarkable in that it put in perspective just how much something like this rides on the chemistry and charisma the group of friends have, and here Reiner and his casting director assembled lightning in a bottle. Something akin to the Sandlot group, but grounded in a reality much less heightened. Each member of the ensemble was a fully fleshed out character, and each was a perfect embodiment of those childhood friends one reflects on with deep affection, before time becomes the great nullifier in those seemingly ironclad relationships.

River Phoenix was so fucking good. His performance even distracted me from my intense dislike of Wil Wheaton.
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-01-2013, 11:39 AM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Did you watch all of these in one sitting?
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Yes.

Got thirty minutes into Mud and realized it was 2am.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Holy fuck. That's more movies than me in a month.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
              Yes.

Got thirty minutes into Mud and realized it was 2am.
              Get back to Mud when you can. It's pretty good imho
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• They'd been on the back burner for a while, and there is a great chasm in my time where a thriving social life had once taken root, I figured I may as well strap on the feedbag.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                  I fully intend to, as I concluded on his recounting to Ellis about Juniper. It felt like a fine place to pick back up.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• How I Spent My Summer Vacation AKA Get The Gringo

Why did no-one point out that this is a pseudo-sequel to Payback? Cos there's no question that Gibson is playing a version of Porter. I quite enjoyed this. It's really nicely shot and while it doesn't do anything too original plot-wise, the setting makes it interesting and there were a few things in this I'd never really seen before. Decent fun and Gibson has still got it in spades.

Identity Thief

Nowhere near as bad as a lot of critics made out, though no classic either. It suffers from being a bit too long and soppy in places, but McCarthy and Bateman are incredibly watchable and this was a perfectly acceptable hangover-on-a-Sunday afternoon film. I laughed more in the first half than the second, but I did laugh enough to give it a pass.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Good to know on Identity Thief. Lesley has been wanting to watch that one.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Loved Get the Gringo. Just for some reason forgot to mention it. #TeamDrunkUncleMel
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• super extendo cut of Avatar. STill love this fucking movie and that extra intro works so much better than we got in the theater.

I'm one of the few people excited to go back to Pandora.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'd rather see a super nintendo cut.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Heard nothing but good/great things about GET THE GRINGO. I've been meaning to check that one out.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                                EVERYTHING YOU TOLD ME WAS A LAH!!!
                                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X