Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If only I could get a job as "high thoughts translator."
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Well yeah, I can see how those film might work when under the influence of ganja. To the unaffected, rational mind, they are unwatchable.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Blanket statements like that will never get you elected.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I first saw all of the flicks Russ mentioned stone cold sober and loved them. A bad movie is still a bad movie even when high. A bad movie can be made more fun when high, but it doesn't make it good. People that say otherwise don't actually smoke.

NBT is not a bad movie. IT's an extremely weird movie, that should never had a chance to be made. But it did, and some of us are better for it. haha
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            Blanket statements like that will never get you elected.
            Good thing I'm not running for anything.
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Whatever buddy.

The fact of the matter is an entertainer did his job for a particular audience of people. No need to mock them for their choice with sweeping generalizations.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• *aykroydfist*
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I mean, at least put it into a "You're All Insane (except Ben)" thread.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Haha, made it to the second post on /r/movies with NBT

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      Good thing I'm not running for anything.
                      Also, doubters be doubtin' the Masonic influence. Should Matt ever actually run for anything, sweeping generalizations will be no impediment.
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I can quite comfortably say NBT is a bad film. Now that's not to say you can't derive pleasure from that. Where I would have a problem is if someone actually said its a good film.

As for an entertainer satisfying some of their audience - that defence can be used for Grown Ups. Doesn't make it good.
                        Last edited by Ben Thomas; 04-30-2013, 12:33 PM.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Stupid shit is there for all of us to enjoy. Except for Ben, who will no doubt guffaw and harrumph as soon as we begin discussing the semiotics of Pootie Tang. It is only because he is foreign that we must now brand him an outsider.

Come here, Ben.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                            I can quite comfortably say NBT is a bad film. Now that's not to say you can't derive pleasure from that. Where I would have a problem is if someone actually said its a good film.

As for an entertainer satisfying some of their audience - that defence can be used for Grown Ups. Doesn't make it good.
                            All true.

I'm totes excited for Grown Ups 2.

Comment

• I'd like to think Nothing But Trouble has a bit more creative thought put into it than a Grown Ups or a Zookeeper. Whether it does or doesn't is not up for debate anyway. I take issue with Matt saying one can not be rational and still enjoy certain things. That is flatly untrue.
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 04-30-2013, 12:52 PM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm with you. As much as people hate it, I can't think of a single other flick that reminds me of it. It was different, most people hate it, but I dig the hell outta it.

Comment

Working...
                                X