Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
    Ben Stiller is an awful excuse for a human being.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Monsieur Lazhar

You guys probably don't give a shit, since it's a local movie, but I liked it better than Haneke's Amour, and thus should have won the Oscar. Fantastic movie, and pull the right strings while not being cheap.

Liked it, didn't love it. But you also brought up that curling movie with Leslie Nielsen awhile ago. I was going to comment on it then, but I was in the middle of having to use it in a paper about how the Canadian Film Industry was burgeoning by using that same sort of model to become independent of Hollywood.

You know...typical baller stuff.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Shit I've watched recently

Badlands - Still one of my favorite movies.
        The Big Wedding - Sometimes, running a website sucks.
        Arthur - The real one with Dudley Moore...Gielgud is the man, but this shit hasn't aged well.
        Place Beyond the Pines - Fuck what anyone says, this film feels like Mean Streets in the right ways. Cianfrance is now at a point in his career where he's either going to explode or fizzle. I'll be watching him with great interest.
        The Buddy Holly Story - I still say that Busey should've won the Oscar. Fuck Jon Voight.
        Lords of Salem - I really, really don't get the hate for this one. It's Zombie moving away from a lot of his bullshit.
        Pain and Gain - Bay tries to make his Coen Brothers movie, plays against expectations, gets nasty and then whoomp.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Lords of Salem and Pain and Gain are on my radar. Friday's gonna be all about Iron Man 3, but may catch one of the former flicks next weekend.

Comment

• Gonna check out that witch movie some time today.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              Shit I've watched recently

Badlands - Still one of my favorite movies.
              The Big Wedding - Sometimes, running a website sucks.
              Arthur - The real one with Dudley Moore...Gielgud is the man, but this shit hasn't aged well.
              Place Beyond the Pines - Fuck what anyone says, this film feels like Mean Streets in the right ways. Cianfrance is now at a point in his career where he's either going to explode or fizzle. I'll be watching him with great interest.
              The Buddy Holly Story - I still say that Busey should've won the Oscar. Fuck Jon Voight.
              Lords of Salem - I really, really don't get the hate for this one. It's Zombie moving away from a lot of his bullshit.
              Pain and Gain - Bay tries to make his Coen Brothers movie, plays against expectations, gets nasty and then whoomp.
              Totally agreed on Busey and Voight. Also Zombie is getting shit because he's Rob Zombie. He'll never shake off a certain group of haters. That said Lords does kind of fall into his EWWWWWWW SATAN schtick on the surface level so maybe that's some of it.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                Liked it, didn't love it. But you also brought up that curling movie with Leslie Nielsen awhile ago. I was going to comment on it then, but I was in the middle of having to use it in a paper about how the Canadian Film Industry was burgeoning by using that same sort of model to become independent of Hollywood.

You know...typical baller stuff.
                Men with Broom? I remember saying I watched it, but that's it. It was ok. To be fair, by local, I meant from Quebec. I know to you guys there's no difference between Canadian movies except language, but here there is.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Men with Brooms had The Tragically Hip in it for literally two seconds. Aren't you obligated to swear a blood oath that it is the greAtest Canadian cinema?

Just watched DJANGO UNCHAINED. I honestly didn't expect to love it this much. Best Tarantino.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Men with Broom? I remember saying I watched it, but that's it. It was ok. To be fair, by local, I meant from Quebec. I know to you guys there's no difference between Canadian movies except language, but here there is.

Yeah, Men with Brooms. Honestly, I only remember parts of Canada due to Television Shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      Men with Brooms had The Tragically Hip in it for literally two seconds. Aren't you obligated to swear a blood oath that it is the greAtest Canadian cinema?

Just watched DJANGO UNCHAINED. I honestly didn't expect to love it this much. Best Tarantino.
                      Depends if you like The Tragically Hip. I don't. the Tea Party*? Now we're talking.

As for Django, I really liked it, but it still fall behind Inglorious. It' about the editing. He needs someone like his old editor.

*No the US-based group of political retards. The band.

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                      Yeah, Men with Brooms. Honestly, I only remember parts of Canada due to Television Shows.
                      OUR TVSHOWS THAT PASSES FOR THE US ARE GREAT!!!!!

To be honest, it's desolate, but it's growing.Continuum is better than most US TV shows. We're getting there, TV-wise. I hope we get the TV habits from the UK, having short, concised and well-thought ahead TV shows.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I dunno, Fully Completely is a pretty fucking great album. Rest of their catalog can pound sand though.

Comment

• DJANGO UNCHAINED is very, very good, but it desperately needs an edit in the 2nd act. It just goes on and on and on...

and on...

and on...

and on.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The one part that I can point to that sorta loses steam is after several characters make their permanent exit in one fell swoop. Without them, some wind is let out of the sails. Foxx and Co. hold it together though, and goddammit, it doesn't matter as long as Steven is there to talk shit to everyone.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Steven should be digitally inserted into the Star Wars movies. Mace ain't shit. Give that grape sword to the baddest motherfucker in Candyland.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I watched the Ninth Gate this morning. Nice little satanic Neo-Noir. Depp is such an unrepentant prick in it. Enjoyable flick.
                                Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Working...
                                X