Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for sure.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• There's much, much worse in the way of King films out there. Sleepwalkers or Maximum Overdrive, anyone? Morgan Freeman's terrible performance (I just don'rt buy his down home ass calling anybody "laddy buck") aside, I dind't hate this. It's no Shining or The Mist, but still.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Did you just shit on Maximum Overdrive?

"Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Dreamcatcher and Maximum Overdrive share the same space - so incredibly ridiculously bizarrely not good, yet so hugely, wrong-headedly entertaining.

Sleepwalkers is just gash. Though I used to think the morphing effect was pretty cool.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Sleepwalkers is feline aids.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Thanks Ben, that kind of sort of felt like you agreed with me. Lulz
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• XPOST. Dreamcatcher is the movie of the day.

Comment

• Django is still sooooooooo good. I disregard my initial belief that it needed something clipped out of it.

Comment

• Still don't like Jonah Hill. Takes me right out of the movie.

Comment

• Weirdo.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• No shit. If anything, Jonah fits better there than in anything he did outside 21 Jumpstreet even if it's the Channing Tatum show.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• YOU take me out of the movie ROB!!!!

Comment

• MEN WITH BROOMS- the movie curling fans didn't know they needed, featuring Leslie Nielsen! It's basically what you'd expect. Disgraced curler comes back to his hometown to honor the dying wish of his old coach, helping his rejuvenate the spirits of the down-on-their-luck townspeople in the process. Except it's Canadian so everyone talks funny and there's poutine and the Tragically Hip show up for 2 seconds.

SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED- really good. I still haven't seen 30 MINUTES OR LESS but I'm goi g to say that this is a better way to do a fictional movie based on a real event. Plaza and Duplass have good chemistry which makes everything work better.

THIS MUST BE THE PLACE- Sean Penn playing Robert Smith playing Aldo Raines. Penn is weird and great but it felt like they were trying to do too much with the character. David Byrne shows up for a couple minutes for a good version of Naive Melody and to show off some crazy instrument/art installation thing, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                              Weirdo.

Indeed. It's the only thing I didn't like. He's always just Jonah Hill. Just like Michael Cera. Sometimes that works. 21 Jumpstreet, Knocked Up, etc. Here it didn't. At least for me. I loved the scene, just didn't like him.

Comment

• I can't even process that reasoning, it is so bizarre, especially in the given scene.

As it played out for me the three times I've watched it, I was laughing my ass off at Don Johnson and his brigade of bigot scum and the sheer incompetence that went along with their whole endgame.

Hill played the scene straight and didn't do his usual "shout at the omega male" thing. Harmless stuntcasting has defeated you, BAHTMAHHHN.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X