Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God that machine gun scene...that was simply awesome to behold. Kudos especially to the sound design.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Anderson emptying a clip into a perp's head was as badass as anything the mainstream produced in 2012.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Mmmmm...rookie...
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Russ is bringing the correct. Mmmmmmm....rookie.... indeed.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning

I grew an extra dick watching this movie. So badass.

It takes everything that Hyams did well in Regeneration and turns it up a notch. The highlights action-wise are the nice, muscular car wreck that turns into an excellent fight in a sports shop. There were bits in there that I'd never really seen before. Hyams ups the ante once more in a long, single take sequence later that challenges bits of The Raid for brutality and fluidity.

But there's also a decent enough story and thematic throughline here that it's more than just a brainless DTV action flick. There are really strong video game influences - not least the opening few minutes, the best POV sequence I can recall seeing - as well as shades of Apocalypse Now, Memento, Bourne, Terminator and any number of sci-fi tropes. When all mushed together with a strong leading man in Scott Adkins and some absolutely brutal action staging from Hyams, this was a wholly satisfying experience for me. It also looks incredibly sharp on blu.

The next time there's a big action property being talked up, I want to hear John Hyams' name brought up. It's thrilling to think what he could do with a more significant budget - he's put a lot of more established action directors to shame with this film, in my opinion.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The Raid: Redemption. Holy. Shit. All the praise I've read on the boards for this flick is far from faint, as this is easily one of the best action flicks I've seen in a long time. A simple premise packed with enough action, mayhem, and bloodshed to satisfy even the biggest fan of the genre.

I'm amazed nobody got killed during the making of this, as some of those fights were fuckin' brutal. I'm also amazed some of those guys could even stand up and take more beatings what with the punishment they took. Great stuff, and a must watch.

Comment

• Watch Dredd after that and ejaculate.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I intend to! (grabs box of Kleenex)

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Watch Dredd after that and ejaculate.
                    Yep, much ejaculate was spread after Dredd viewings.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Combined with a viewing of The Raid, no sexually mature human male can withstand watching Dredd and not expel ejaculate and not sweat pure testosterone at the same time.

FACT.

Comment

• Truth. Also DAT ROOKIE

Comment

• She's hawt.

Comment

• Miracle Mile

Still is my favorite Nuclear Cold War doomsday movie, by a mile (I went there). Really underated, that phone call scene alone is chilling as it is effective. I love it, and watching it doesn't make you contemplate suicide, like, say, Threads. Heck, Threads should should be mandatory watch for any politician or military with any possibility of taking decision of launching nukes, from any country.

Comment

• MIRACLE MILE was a damned good flick as I recall. I may have to track that one down for a rewatch.

And yeah, a double feature of THE RAID: REDEMPTION and DREDD is like a triple shot of adrenaline and testosterone straight to the heart. Those films are proof that God loves us and wants us to be men. Manly men.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Dredd.

Gotdamn. Gotdamn so much.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X