Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got your back, Rob. I probably liked it more than you but yeah, TDK and TDKR both left me cold. The shit of it is that i love all the rest of Nolan's films. I just can't connect with these.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I didn't hate it, I just felt it was a huge let down coming from TDK (which I really enjoy). I just thought Bane was poorly utilized and Bruce hanging up the cowl because of Rachel in the beginning rubbed me the wrong way.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Martin, I'm happy you enjoyed it but leave the "fuck off" posturing at the door, dude.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
          I honestly don't get the love for TDKR. Bane was worthless, the ending was stupid, Batman was barely in it.
          I liked Bane (though the redubbed dialogue, even if more clear, was incredibly erratic in terms of delivery). I thought Nolan's adherence to the comic was actually the weakest aspect this time around. It was much more exciting when he went off-model in the previous outing.

The ending was indeed stupid (I'm sure I'm not the first fanboy to piss and moan about feeling the coda with Alf and co. was cheapened by the penultimate sequence), but could easily have been made much less so by several edits.

Very close to pulling it all off but Nol spread himself too thin.

And thus, the horse will get several more thwacks from the shillelagh for years to come.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Toy Story 3 > TDKR
            Both great. Gotta think on that one...
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Poltergeist 2. Not as good as the first, not as bad as the third. I still like the Giger design for the tequila worm (shit is kind of creepy) but JoBeth is no where near as hot as she was in the first. Plus Kane looks like Fred Phelps and I couldn't stop laughing.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The braces scene felt like it should have been in a Nightmare on Elm Street movie.

Comment

Poltergeist 2. Not as good as the first, not as bad as the third. I still like the Giger design for the tequila worm (shit is kind of creepy) but JoBeth is no where near as hot as she was in the first. Plus Kane looks like Fred Phelps and I couldn't stop laughing.
                  Wait isn't 3 the big penthouse skyscraper one? If so that one is AMAZING

Comment

• I remember that one being bad. Is it actually decent?

Comment

• THE MAN WITH NO NAME trilogy > Nolan's BATMAN trilogy.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Young Adult - Wow. P.O. was really good in this but Theron is sooooo creepy and it's works well imo. Love the ending where Oswalt's character seemingly reaches her and then the sister undoes it all with her take me with you this place is fucked speech.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          Wait isn't 3 the big penthouse skyscraper one? If so that one is AMAZING
                          With Tom Skerritt, Nancy Allen, and a shitload of mirrors. Some of the mirror stuff was cool but the movie is garbage.

It was so bad that God smote the little girl.

Comment

• Certified Copy.

I found this to be quite interesting, as it concerns the ever-morphing perception of a couple's relationship over the course of a single day. At one moment, they are nervous strangers, and not long after, they assume the guise of a long-married twosome who have grown estranged.

If one were to make a pathetic equivalency, one might see aspects of the free-flowing conversational travelogue films like the Before Sunrise/Sunset films, only here there is a slightly unconventional structure to the the whole thing.

Juliette Binoche seems to get hotter with age.

I recommend it.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• GOD BLESS AMERICA- It's now on the Instants so go watch it now. Then come back here and be shell shocked with me.

I thought it was very good but blunt to the point of almost being brutal. WORLDS GREATEST DAD is an uplifting feel-good family film compared to this. I agree with pretty much everything Bobcat is saying but he's clearly more passionate about it than I am.

Comment

• I want to dropkick Bobcat off of his Hot to Trot high horse.
                                Last edited by Captain Russ; 08-11-2012, 05:41 PM.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X