Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats_the_joke.jpeg
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• oldbrucewayne.jpg
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• John Carter

Well that was a nice surprise. I never a read the book, so have nothing to compare it with, but overall it's a neat movie, way more deserving than the shitty marketing it got. Nice action, and the princess is the highlight of the flick. My wife loved the movie (I basically forced her to come).

Have you seen it Troy?
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
          John Carter

Well that was a nice surprise. I never a read the book, so have nothing to compare it with, but overall it's a neat movie, way more deserving than the shitty marketing it got. Nice action, and the princess is the highlight of the flick. My wife loved the movie (I basically forced her to come).

Have you seen it Troy?

Yeah. I've seen too much of it.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• It's far from perfect, but I find it above average, as in good. It's still gonna bomb like crazy though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
              It's far from perfect, but I find it above average, as in good. It's still gonna bomb like crazy though.

Having seen the full body, I've got this to say.

Worst editing this side of Dune: The TV Cut.

What still boggles my mind is how the third act works now, but nothing in the first 105 minutes stitches together.

Willem Dafoe carries this flick on his back, but everyone else struggles.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Dafoe, sure, but that chick did the job. She's the MVP for me. Strong was wasted, again.

Maybe my lowered expectations played for it.

Comment

• How's McNutty?

Comment

• Film is tracking 25-30 million, that's it. Damned shame. I'm seeing it tomorrow regardless.

Of note: Willem Dafoe was on the radio this morning doing a press junket for JOHN CARTER. From what I understand this is a rarity as he usually doesn't do these sorts of things for his films, but he agreed to do it for this film because he legitimately likes the finished film and wants people to see it. That could all be spin but he sounded genuine as hell. Seems like a really nice, mellow guy.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Caught the last hour of X-Men first class last night. Fassbender is soooo gooood mannnn.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Like Matt, Jen and I are going to see JC this weekend. Taylor Kitsch was on the local station today, talking up the flick, and I noted that a couple of the hosts didn't even know who JC was until recently; one of 'em got sucked into the books pretty quickly, especially once he found out it was written by the guy who created Tarzan. Also, I see the advertising is name checking Star Wars and Avatar, and the fact that JC predates most of the current sci-fi genre, finally.

Caught To Die For this morning. Great, bitchy performance from Nicole Kidman, damn fine work from Matt Dillon, and a very young Joaquim Phoenix in full High School burnout mode. Very good film watching Kidman manipulate her way to the top of hews broadcasting while fucking up lives and shit along the way.

Also, cameo from David Cronenberg towards the end! Definitely worth a watch.

Comment

• I'm a fan of To Die For. Kidman is great in it.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• That flick's one of the few times Kidman didn't bore me to tears.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Agreed. She really knocked her role out of the park. Never were 100% sure if you wanted to smash her character in the bedroom (very cute) or smash her face into a wall for being such a lousy human being.

Comment

• Why can't I do both Tim, actually why can't I do both at the same time?

Comment

Working...
                                X