Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
    Thought it was incredibly overhyped, but it wasn't a bad flick. Just a decent one.
    I went into without knowing of any hype personally... and fucking loved it. Favorite film of 2011 in fact. But I get where you're coming from.
    Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 02-27-2012, 10:56 AM.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I do want to give it another try. I suspect that it'll play better on my home theater.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Rherb being an artist though you do appreciate the intense stylishness of the film, yes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          I do want to give it another try. I suspect that it'll play better on my home theater.
          Now that you know it isn't a Fast and Furious movie, it probably will.

I still think it is a solid throwback, but the absurd level of praise heaped upon it by the internet community is ridiculous.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post

I still think it is a solid throwback, but the absurd level of praise heaped upon it by the internet community is ridiculous.

Refn's got the sharpest eye out of the new pack and the film managed to mimic without aping.

Plus, it's the smoothest film on a technical scale outside of Rise and Hugo in 2011.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Yes and?
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I would give it a couple of months and watch it again. I LOVED it the second time. And while I never expected Furious 6, it helps knowing exactly what film to expect the second time.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                  Yes and?

While it was an incredible well made film, the internet community could suck the joy out of a child on Christmas morning.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                    I would give it a couple of months and watch it again. I LOVED it the second time. And while I never expected Furious 6, it helps knowing exactly what film to expect the second time.
                    I never expected FAST 6, but I was expecting something more along the lines of THE DRIVER with Ryan O'Neal and Bruce Dern.
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Your expectations were not in line with the resultant film the first time out is what I inferred, which is why you have a mild hateboner (not full sail, more quarter-mast, Smee-like in threat level) for it and applaud Rob for his opinion in that it validates your own.

Bennifer and I agree on the point that distance may change your opinion.

And just to clarify, I agree Baby Goose Goes Bananas in Neon City is highly polished and efficient, but I enjoyed the experience of watching Valhalla Rising more for the simple fact it was not a simulacrum of things I've already seen executed. I have yet to see the Pusher series, but then I hate Danes. Mostly just Cook though.
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-27-2012, 12:17 PM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                        Matt and Rerb: You're both fucking crazy.

Matt's got the age factor as proven by his sig line. Rerb...this is just disappointing.
                        I didn't hate it but I was expecting some HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS GREAT moment based on the outpouring of internet nerds saying how great this was and I didn't get that.
                        Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                        Rherb being an artist though you do appreciate the intense stylishness of the film, yes?
                        It felt like a HD version of the 80's.

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post

this.

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                        Refn's got the sharpest eye out of the new pack and the film managed to mimic without aping.

Plus, it's the smoothest film on a technical scale outside of Rise and Hugo in 2011.
                        Why the fuck do I care about the smoothness on a technical scale? I want to be entertained and engaged. I was slightly entertained (mostly by Brooks, he was fucking great) and a tad engaged (at the thought of internet nerds wanting that stupid fucking jacket and how lame it would look outside of this movie).
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Also to be clear, I liked the movie. I just didn't think it was anything all that special. I'd watch it again if I was flipping through channels but I don't need to own it.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Sometimes it's just best to ignore the internet nerds. If you can't just act like 75% of what they say is hyperbole and you'll be just fine. And for the record I thought Drive was a really good movie but not great.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• So you're saying Hocken made a bad choice in buying that jacket?

Comment

• Has Hocken ever made a wise decision?
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X