Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    Looks like the same guy. Skip those wanderlust commercials if you can.
    Same guy. Don't know why I know this but he's the guy currently taking Aniston to Pound Town.

Comment

• Wonder if her performances there are as one note as the ones onscreen?
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Warrior

Pretty great. The fights were outstanding, it was exactly the length I wanted it to be and I was genuinely moved by the characters. Nick Nolte in particular was incredible. As with all good Sports movies, its not about the outcome but the way there with the people involved. I can see this getting a lot of replay round my place over the next few years.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I dug it too Ben but I think I recall Billy hating it.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Yeah, I seem to recall his beef surrounding the nonexistent blood factor, specifically it not being present in the fights so he couldn't climax or something.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Well, some guys need the money shot.

Comment

• Really want to see WARRIOR. Gotta convince the wife on that one.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Attack the Block. eh. I'm glad I watched it but the hype it got didn't seem warrented in my opinion. Nick Frost being in it was a distraction as his character was fucking pointless and most of the movie hinged on caring about the kids. Which I didn't except for the two little ones, they were ridiculous. I did dig the ending though. Moses was a badass but I never need to see this again.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Attack the Block was smart, though. I know what you're saying, cos it didn't blow my skirt all the way up like it did with some. But I honestly think what Cornish manages to achieve in terms of his choice of setting and group of characters is pretty astonishing. It also managed to be a much more appropriate and successful homage to an 80s director (Dante) than Super 8, which was a damp squib compared to this.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• And I remember the lack of blood argument with regards to Warrior and it honestly didn't bother me one bit. I'm normally a stickler for fight damage. Even without the blood, the fights packed in plenty of wallop and pain.

Comment

• I'd rather watch Super 8 than Attack but I see what you're saying. It definitely was a throw back to when movies didn't need to be dumbed down for kids to like them. Felt like a older Monster Squad in that respect to me.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• But at least in Super 8 the kids were people you could care about. Here they were all whiny little shits until about 3/4 the way through when Moses finally had a bit of character work done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                            I remember the lack of blood argument with regards to Warrior and it honestly didn't bother me one bit. I'm normally a stickler for fight damage. Even without the blood, the fights packed in plenty of wallop and pain.
                            Word, son.

Word.

I tried watching Attack the Block. I couldn't get behind rooting for degenerate scum with no redeeming qualities. It was like listening to a murder of Chunks. I'm not casting it completely aside and chalking it up to maybe a bad night or something. I'll see it through sometime soon.
                            Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-21-2012, 12:23 PM.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That's part of why I think the film's so good - don't have to like them to kind of end up rooting for them. It makes it more interesting than some bland everyman characters growing a set.

As for Super 8, the ONLY redeeming quality to the film is the kids making a movie. The fucking alien story is bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                                That's part of why I think the film's so good - don't have to like them to kind of end up rooting for them. It makes it more interesting than some bland everyman characters growing a set.

As for Super 8, the ONLY redeeming quality to the film is the kids making a movie. The fucking alien story is bullshit.

Bullshit. Just utter fucking bullshit.

I've been having this argument with people since both movies dropped and in good faith...I can't see how anyone would defend the kid actors in Attack the Block.

The alien story isn't the story.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X