Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposition is in Australia so it's actually more of an Eastern than Western.

Comment

• THE PROPOSITION was directed by the Guy that did THE ROAD, Rob. I think it would be up your alley.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Peace offering and to brighten Rob's day:

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
          False in regards to Russ.

Priscella? FUCKING STAMP.
          Ravenous? FUCKING CARLYLE.
          Confidential? FUCKING SPACEY AND BASINGER'S TITS FROM THE POSTER
          Proposition? Actually never saw it. Not a fan of Westerns.
          Priscilla: Stamp and Weaving. Can't disagree with this one at all.

Ravenous: Davies, McDonagh, Carlyle and Jones. And bullshit you don't remember Pearce. He was one half of the endgame sandwich. THE SNEAKY BEARTRAP SANDWICH. BULLFUCKINGSHIT.

Confidential: Everyone. EVERYONE. With a bad member of the cast, it would have ruined it all. EVERYONE was on their A-Team game. The White/Exley Fileroom brawl? The Victory Motel Shoot-Out? FUCKINGBULLSHIT.

Proposition: Pearce is awesome here. So is Winstone and Huston. It's a western. You might shit on your screen so just letting you know it has a somber mood and a slow pace.
          Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-23-2012, 03:07 PM.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Pearce is in Ravenous, yes, and yes he's integral to the end game but when I think of that flick I automatically think of Carlyle and Jones. And L.A. doesn't do that much for me. I saw it once and haven't had an urge to watch it again. It's just when Katie Holmes outacts you then there is a problem somewhere.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Watch Confidential again. You might be pleasantly surprised at how awesome it is on second viewing. Also, hilarious Oirish-accented Jamie Cromwell *Revenge of the Nerds shoutout*.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• And when I think Ravenous, I honestly think of the trailer moments first.

"HE WAS LICKING MEEEEeeeeee" and Rob Zombie Carlyle.

But then I see it, and Pearce is the straight man in the dark comedy schtick. Without him to react to Carlyle and his fucked up character, the impact of it all would be sorely lacking.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• You've incited me to watch this stupid-ass movie now. I hope you're happy, Rob. The only times Holmes was tolerable was Dursterbing Beehiveyerr and the minute highlight reel from The Gift.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's not good.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Decent idea, lacking execution. And the ending...THE GODDAMN STUPID ENDING.

Comment

• I think you had the right idea regarding the optimal type of mindset to be in when you watch it.

I will follow in your footsteps.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-23-2012, 03:37 PM. Reason: Past tense doesn't belong there. /butthurt haters cry more
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• War Horse

What can I say. It's Spielberg. All that needs to be said. Usually. The combination of a practically unknown cast, crazy photogenic horse, both beautiful and horrific scenery, and stealthily natural soundtrack knocks it out of the park. Instant classic.

Rob, have you seen First Snow? Not a bad Pearce led flick.

Comment

• Waco: The Rules of Engagement

Why has this whole thing been forgotten? One of the most damningly heinous crimes in recent American history. This is a work of bias, for sure, but its told not with leading, "Perhaps"s, but expert testimony and thorough examination of the evidence. Whoever it was gave me the heads up on this (Billy?), thanks. A fascinating, infuriating film.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I remember that one being very good. Haven't seen it in years.

I still say that the best documentary that I've ever seen is SENNA. It kills me that it's not even nominated for best documentary when it was the best FILM of 2011 in my book.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post

I still say that the best documentary that I've ever seen is SENNA. It kills me that it's not even nominated for best documentary when it was the best FILM of 2011 in my book.
                                Yep. Yepyepyepyep. YES.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X