Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything felt forced and rushed to me. I didn't hate it, once again I feel the need to say that, I was just disappointed after people here said it was good.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The movie is enjoyable. Sorry Rherb it is. Is it great? Other than rushing into the "yep I'm a vampire" part I really liked it. Plus the movie gets mega bonus points for tricking me into thinking the kid got the stripper out and then BAM eviscerated by the sun.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The rushing into the vampire part is what killed it for me. This guy has spent like 500 years doing his thing and he just decides to be all like "YEPPERS I'M A DRACULA!" lame. I'm done wasting words on this flick. Glad you all enjoyed it.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• On a better note, watched Bad Santa unrated cut yesterday. Fucking love that movie so goddamn much. Billy Bob and Mini Ceej's interactions are fucking amazing. John Ritter conversing with Bernie Mac (RIP BOTH OF YOU) still makes me lose my shit.

Comment

• Wasting words? That's a bit dramatic.

Anyways, yeah that kind of bothered me but it's not a huge deal breaker for me. Either way, several of us liked it, you did not. It's ok, we don't all have to agree. There is a subjective nature to film viewing.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
              Everything felt forced and rushed to me. I didn't hate it, once again I feel the need to say that, I was just disappointed after people here said it was good.
              Because it was good.

In defiance of expectation and legacy, it was good. The finale was weak, but up until then, it was a solid movie. Colin's "man of the house" size-up of Yelchin begs to differ on your opinion of his portrayal of Dandridge. Poots' Amy actually had a relationship with Charlie that was somewhat relatable, as did Evil Ed. They weren't some weird fucking trio that wouldn't be caught dead together, awesome "Yer So Kewl Brewsterrrr" be damned.

I suppose I just find your casual dismissal of a pretty good entry in the genre to be off-putting. That's all.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's cool. We all have our moments. Apparently mine is not liking Fright Night.

Comment

• It's cool we all have those times where we're just like "Y'ALL FOOLS CRAZY."

Super 8 - Checked this out over the holiday weekend and liked it but felt like the mother's death at the beginning was damn near pointless and was only used to give the "touching" moment of him releasing the locket later. Of course I'm sure some will shout me down for that but that's how it felt. Also I now understand the lulz worthiness of the walkman, it's not so much it's existence in the film but the discussion the two characters had about it. So fabulously shitty.

And yeah, the kids zombie flick was charming as fuck.

Comment

• I, sort of surprisingly, didn't care much for Super 8. It honestly felt like Spielberg shorthand to me for some reason.

"Loss of a parent"
                    "Father issues"
                    "Low camera angle to accentuate awesomeness"
                    etc....

I really really did like Elle Fanning's work in it, though. Very surprising and well done. And I liked the movie the kids were making.

Rented it. Not gonna buy the thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      THE HELP- I thought this was supposed to be more funny. It was actually pretty good but mostly infuriating because of the blantant racism. At least it doesn't beat you over the head with they "HAY GUISE RACISM IS BAD OKAY" stick like fuckin' CRASH did.
                      See, I thought it totally did. It was so completely "Oh, white lady, we're so grateful you wrote a book for us, you're wonderful, we're just downtrodden black maids!" The whole fucking movie was about Emma Stone and Bryce Dallas Howard, when my understanding was that it would be about the stories the maids had to tell.
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by teledork View Post
                        I, sort of surprisingly, didn't care much for Super 8. It honestly felt like Spielberg shorthand to me for some reason.

"Loss of a parent"
                        "Father issues"
                        "Low camera angle to accentuate awesomeness"
                        etc....

I really really did like Elle Fanning's work in it, though. Very surprising and well done. And I liked the movie the kids were making.

Rented it. Not gonna buy the thing.
                        I agree with those points but still somewhat dug it. And OMG the lens flare WTF?!?

Comment

• Lens flare of the Gods.

I fell asleep during The Help. In my defense, I was drunk. I rarely sleep in Emma movies.

Comment

• Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

Easily the best of the 4 movies. I liked everything in it, except Nyquist being a wonder operative while the guy is supposed to be a lab rat/analyst. Beside that, bring me more.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

Easily the best of the 4 movies. I liked everything in it, except Nyquist being a wonder operative while the guy is supposed to be a lab rat/analyst. Beside that, bring me more.
                              Going to see it again on Monday. Can't wait.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• DEEP WATER

Comment

Working...
                                X