Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHITE CHRISTMAS

This is.one of my wife's favorites, and it's one of the very few musicals that I legitimately enjoy without irony. It's a moving story...two ex soldiers try and help their ex superior officer get his inn off the ground. It's involving and has a great emotional payoff at the end. The singing and dancing is all top notch. It's not just a Christmas classic, it's also a damned good film.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Bridesmaids - Finally got to see this and really enjoyed it. Wife nearly pissed herself when the wedding party went to the fitting and had the experience there and we both laughed quite a good bit. It was also nice to see a comedy where everything wasn't fucking over the top and completely retarded. And I'll never be able to hear Bear Sandwich without shitting a brick.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I dunno, it didn't do much for me to be honest. I liked everyone in it but the praise it got was ridiculous.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Saw it once in the theater and laughed my ass off. I have zero desire to see it again.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• It was a funny flick with some honest moments in it. I think it got so much praise and attention because it was female driven. We enjoyed it.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
              Bridesmaids - Finally got to see this and really enjoyed it. Wife nearly pissed herself when the wedding party went to the fitting and had the experience there and we both laughed quite a good bit. It was also nice to see a comedy where everything wasn't fucking over the top and completely retarded. And I'll never be able to hear Bear Sandwich without shitting a brick.
              I fucking DIED when I saw "Bridesmaids". I have to get a copy of it on DVD. I do think you can relate to it more if you're a woman, but it's also was nice that it wasn't a straight up chick flick.
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Empire called Bridesmaids, 'The Hangovaries'. That sounds about right to me.

And Lincoln Lawyer is the shit. A couple of redundant bits aside (Josh Lucas deserved to lose the case for not realising that Phillippe's mum was the rape victim), its tight as a drum and everyone does great work in it. Roll on the sequel.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                  I fucking DIED when I saw "Bridesmaids". I have to get a copy of it on DVD. I do think you can relate to it more if you're a woman, but it's also was nice that it wasn't a straight up chick flick.
                  My wife literally almost couldn't breathe for a few minutes she was laughing so hard at the dress fitting. It was refreshing for me because she hardly ever laughs at comedy's more than a snicker here and there. For that alone the movie was worth it.

Comment

• It's lava!!!!!

That moment killed in the theater.

Comment

• "It's coming out of me like lava" and "DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!" Oh lord at that point I was in. Then the young chick comes in and vomits on the blonde's head? SHIT = LOST

Comment

• Yeah, the fitting room scene was awesome, but also "NO!! NO!!! THIS WOMAN DOES NOT GET A PARTY FAVOR!" - the favors being puppies in berets! And the follow up to that scene - Melissa McCarthy driving the minivan stuffed with stolen puppies as she tries to catch up with Kristin Wiig.

One of the parts that made me laugh the hardest - I mean could not breathe from laughing - was the part on the plane when Kristin Wiig is drunk and trying to find out what their plans are for dinner when they arrive in Vegas. Helen goes, "Well, I have a friend who owns this restaurant..." and Annie just full on mocks her in this high-pitched voice, dripping with sarcasm and hatred, "Oooooooh, REALLY, Heleeeen, do you have a friend who owns a restauraaaant?" This is a perfect example why the movie relates so well to women without being cutesie-poo condescending. If you asked any woman in the theater, we have all seen that happen, or worse, we have done it ourselves. If you've been around very drunk and very jealous girls who have been holding it in so as not to cause conflict, then they get wasted and it ALL just comes out, just this vitriolic tidal wave, every woman there will raise her hand. I thought George was gonna have to carry me home, I laughed so hard at that part.

In fact, I think I posted this when I first saw the movie in the theater - every woman in the room has been there with the Helen situation in general - the absolute perfect, flawless woman who does everything just right, horning in on the rest of the planning. She's the prettiest, the most perfect, she knows exactly what to do, every suggestion anyone else has is wrong, etc. In every group, there's always THAT bridesmaid.

And the sex tape at the end was pure gold, it just was. "Oh yeah, that's a lot of meat and cheese..."

EDIT: Oh! And here's a fabulous little bit of trivia - the teenage girl who Annie gets into a fight with in the jewelry store? Peter Frampton's daughter.
                        Last edited by Lisa; 12-15-2011, 12:56 PM.
                        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                          If you have to have gender specific organs to relate to a movie...it wasn't a good movie.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Bear sandwich..... oh man.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Final Fantasy has PLENTY of sci-fi shit in it. This was just a pretty bad movie, the CG work was really good though.
                              Final 7 and upward yes, but at the time, it was still a sword and sorcery series. Fuck that movie.

And yeah, I half expected CGI Affleck to call the main lady "LEMON!"
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• FFX was already out when Spirits Within came out. Sci Fi shit was the norm.

Comment

Working...
                                X