Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer

BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Did you watch it just the once or give it a second go yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
        There's a point where Kathy gets what is going on and Tom doesn't. And it's at that point where you see what kind of work Garfield is putting in. I totally believed in that moment that he just did not get what was going on. In lesser hands that scene would have really came off hack-ish.
        Everyone in that scene is amazing (Rampling's stillness combined with her slight look across at Kathy when she says, 'Do you understand?' is incredibly controlled stuff), but its Garfield in the build up when he's laying everything out nervously, explaining why they're there. You know right then that something is rotten in Denmark and the silence from the other characters says so much.

Its definitely a film of two halves, but I like how so much was conveyed with so little (things like Tom's outburst on the sports pitch and Ruth saying that he would have got picked if not for his temper - its barely referred to again until the end, but informs so much of both actors playing him from that point on) and the final scene was so moving I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself*. I've a feeling this film will really stay with me.

* I waited to the end of the credits and masturbated furiously, if you're asking.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Watching Deathly Hallows part 2. I've tried to give these movies a fair shake, but they're just dull. They all seem to have a bit of interesting material wrapped around two hours of sensory depravation in film format.

Comment

• They really dropped the ball with the last movie. The Battle of Hogwarts is fucking EPIC in the book but it's so limp on screen. It makes me wonder why they split it into two movies (besides $$$). I figured the split was so they could go balls out with the fight.

Comment

• Yup, I just turned to Brittany and was like "that's it? That's the big final battle?"

Comment

• I've got a hell of a line-up starting tomorrow morning and stretching until Wednesday.

Let's see what's up on deck:

The Descendants
                Arthur Christmas
                The Muppets
                We Bought a Zoo (doing this on Saturday 11/26 with the rest of the world)
                My Week with Marilyn
                The Artist
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  I still wanna punch Crowe in the balls for that "I like the animals...but I love the people!" line.
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                    I've got a hell of a line-up starting tomorrow morning and stretching until Wednesday.

Let's see what's up on deck:

The Descendants
                    Arthur Christmas
                    The Muppets
                    My Week with Marilyn
                    The Artist
                    I'm really curious about The Artist. Seems like a cool concept.

Comment

• Very excited about The Descendants and The Artist, there's no way I won't love those two.

And of course, The Muppets.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Yup, I just turned to Brittany and was like "that's it? That's the big final battle?"
                        I'm going to try and catch this tonight since it's on On Demand - it's the only Potter movie I never got a chance to see in the theater.
                        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          Did you watch it just the once or give it a second go yet?
                          Twice now. I get it, but still, wow.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Tyson

Not as great as Senna, but a very interesting and enlightening film about a sports figure whose image is very different to the man that comes across. He was clearly bugfuck crazy after he came out of the joint ('I'll fuck you til you love me, faggot' still shocks) but to hear him reflect on what was going on inside when he was committing career suicide is fascinating stuff and its a hard heart that doesn't feel a little sad for him, having attained a degree of reflection and wisdom at a point in his life where he doesn't really have any career prospects any more. File under interesting rather than amazing (the split-screen stuff didn't really work for me and it felt like an attempt to keep Tyson's rambling interesting).

Comment

• Finally watched "Deathly Hallows Part 2". I liked it a lot - true that the battle of Hogwarts wasn't as epic as you'd think, and Molly's last line to Bellatrix was a direct rip-off of "Aliens", but other than those two things, I enjoyed it. I even liked the very subtle age makeup at the end - it wasn't ridiculously overdone, but they still looked older, but you could still tell it was them.
                              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                                Tyson

Not as great as Senna, but a very interesting and enlightening film about a sports figure whose image is very different to the man that comes across. He was clearly bugfuck crazy after he came out of the joint ('I'll fuck you til you love me, faggot' still shocks) but to hear him reflect on what was going on inside when he was committing career suicide is fascinating stuff and its a hard heart that doesn't feel a little sad for him, having attained a degree of reflection and wisdom at a point in his life where he doesn't really have any career prospects any more. File under interesting rather than amazing (the split-screen stuff didn't really work for me and it felt like an attempt to keep Tyson's rambling interesting).
                                Yeah I enjoyed that one too. I kind of feel for Tyson because after D'Amato died he seemingly had no positive direction from anyone and became surrounded by a flood of yes men. Granted he's an adult and responsible for his actions but there's something to be said for role models.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X