Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus Christ. I think he's got a hard on!
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Paris, je t'Aime

Just a beautiful, hopelessly romantic experience. With the exception of Vincenzo Natali's god-awful Elijah Wood vampire bit, all the segments have lovely little stories to tell and points to make, albeit with varying degrees of poignancy. But when it really hits its stride, the film is achingly beautiful. I don't really feel comfortable calling it a collection of short films so much, as they are all so intrinsically woven together by a common purpose - namely, unbridled sometimes painful romance and the romantic, story-telling prowess of Paris.

As much a romantic as I may be, however, top marks go to Alexander Payne's capper. I have not laughed as hard as I did in the first 2 or 3 minutes of his contribution, as I have at anything in years. Anyone who has ever been in a class of English speakers learning French, even if just at school, I defy not to piss themselves. In my opinion, they saved the best for last. But as a whole, its a mighty emotional, heart-warming couple of hours and probably the best date movie I've seen in years. This is how 'romantic comedy' can be achieved tastefully and emotionally and yet still entertain.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The Room.

Just a beautiful, hopelessly romantic experience.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Nice.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Watched CENTURIAN again. It just hits that sweetspot of good story, solid acting, and well positioned and photographed action. You can always tell exactly what's going on, which is incredibly refreshing. The gore factor is tasteful...not too over the top nut not skimpy either. Lots of fun. I may end up buying this one on bluray.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Its ok. The cast make it what it is.

I still think Neil Marshall is a little over-rated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                Watched CENTURIAN again. It just hits that sweetspot of good story, solid acting, and well positioned and photographed action. You can always tell exactly what's going on, which is incredibly refreshing. The gore factor is tasteful...not too over the top nut not skimpy either. Lots of fun. I may end up buying this one on bluray.
                I was puzzled at first, but then I remembered. Centurion! (I kept seeing CENTAURIAN, which might make a cool movie...).

Nope, haven't seen it yet. Want to though.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post

Huh? I thought we rated him about where he should be: a slightly above-average action filmmaker.

Maybe that's just me, but his track record is pretty good and he has an obvious boner for vintage Carpenter work. No real cause for dismissal as is the case with some others in the biz.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                    Its ok. The cast make it what it is.

Even 'average' directors get it RIGHT every once in a while. He's no great shakes but he's decent.
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Marshall's good at directing 2 hours of mayhem. Doomsday was way overhyped, but Dog Soldiers is the shit.

Comment

• I fucking love Doomsday for the BBQ scene alone. When McDowell and Castle Thunderdome show up, it kinda shits all over itself. But then it gets back to awesome when TWO TRIBES GO TO WAR. There is a lot to like about it.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I like it, but a lot pf people on hte web were talking about it like it's a classic. It's ain't. It's a Neil Marshal film. There's indeed some great stuff in it.

Comment

• SUPER- This ended up being more fucked up than I expected. And it's far better than the similar movie that starred Michael Rapport, who generally sucks. Definitely worth a watch for fans of superheroes, underdogs, and sociopaths. But not fans of Underdog, the sociopathic superhero.

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                              I fucking love Doomsday for the BBQ scene alone. When McDowell and Castle Thunderdome show up, it kinda shits all over itself. But then it gets back to awesome when TWO TRIBES GO TO WAR. There is a lot to like about it.
                              AHEMRhonaMitraCOUGH!

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                                I fucking love Doomsday for the BBQ scene alone. When McDowell and Castle Thunderdome show up, it kinda shits all over itself. But then it gets back to awesome when TWO TRIBES GO TO WAR. There is a lot to like about it.
                                Doomsday is one of my favorite action movies. It's so damn good.

Comment

Working...
                                X